~Chapter 5~

I woke up the next morning, finally waking up on my own. I get up to go to the bathroom while dragging my feet and do my daily routine. I grab my phone off the nightstand and reread the text message Felix sent last night.

From: Felix :)
~ Sorry I didn't call you today. I was out with friends. I'll call you tomorrow. This time I will for sure. Good night. :)

It read. My mood brightens a bit as I smile at this simple text. As if on cue, he calls me.

"Hello?" I answer into the phone.

"Hey, Alanis? It's Felix." he replies.

"Hey Felix."

"Hey. Sorry I didn't call you yesterday." he apologized.

"It's ok. I got your text last night."

"Oh ok. The carnival is in town for the rest of the week and I was wondering if you would like to come with me and the boys?" he asks.

"Sure! Can I bring my friend Kayla?"

"Kayla? Omar is inviting a girl named Kayla. Could we be talking about the same Kayla?" he asks. Could it be? Kayla and Omar were texting last night. It's probably her.

"Maybe, but I'll call my Kayla and ask." I stated.

"Okay. We'll meet you there at 3." he said.

"Mkay. Bye Felix."

"Bye Ally." he hung up. Ally? Did he just call me Ally? Who's Ally? I put it in the back of my mind, deciding to ask him about it later. I looked at the time on my phone, 2:02. I'll get ready at 2:30.

I went down stairs and into the kitchen. As usual my mom cooks me breakfast with my brother annoying me and my dad playing Street Fighter on his phone. I go into the living room to call Kayla.

"What's up Alanis?" Kayla answers on the third ring, knowing it's me.

"Did Omar ask you to go to the carnival?" I ask.

"Yeah, why? How did you know?" I can tell she's playing with her hair because she always does that when's she confused.

"Felix called and invited me, too. I asked if you can come, but he told me Omar invited you already." I explained.

"Oh. Yeah, he did." she confirmed.

"Ok then. Do you need a ride there?" I asked.

"No, my mom is taking me. Do you want a ride?"

"Sure! Wait, I forgot to ask my mom. Hold on." I covered the bottom of my phone, hoping to muffle my voice.

"Mom! Can I go with Kayla to the carnival?" I yelled.

"Yeah, sure. Do you need money?" she yelled back.

"Yeah!"

"Just take 20$ out of my wallet! My wallet is in my purse on the couch." I look towards the couch and find her purse next to the armchair.

"Thanks mom!" I grabbed her purse and taking out her wallet.

"Hello?" I hold my phone inbetween my shoulder and cheek.

"Still here." I hear Kayla's voice on the other line.

"Ok. Well, I'm going to go get changed now. Bye." I find a 20, putting the wallet back in her purse.

"Bye." I hung up and look at the time. 2:27. Just as I planned. I run up stairs and into my room, closing the door shut. I open my closet and pull out my mustache shirt and ripped black skinny jeans. I put them on and some socks. I put the 20$ in my front pocket and looked at the time. 2:43. She should- DING DONG -be here. I slipped my phone in my back pocket and ran downstairs.

"Alanis! Kayla's here!" Dad yelled.

"I'm coming!" I reached the last step and put on my black high top converse.

"Hurry up slow poke!" Kayla said.

"Hold your horses!" I tied my laces.

"Cya later mom and dad!" I closed the door without waiting for a response. We ran inside the car, both of us in the back seat.

"Hi Mrs. Molina!" I greeted her mom as I closed the door behind us.

"Hi Alanis. How are you doing?" she politely asks.

"Doing good." I smiled. I love her mom. She's like a second mother to me. She drove off into the quiet 20 minute drive to the carnival.

"Bye mom. I'll call you when to pick us up." Kayla said as we got out of the car.

"Ok, bye. Be safe!" And with that she drive off. Our moms are so similar. We went through the entrance and stood by a ring toss game.

"I'll call Omar and ask where they are." I nodded as she took out her phone and dialed his number.

"Hey Omar!... Yeah, we're here... We are next to the ring toss game... Next to the entrance... Alright... Bye!" Was all I heard before she hung up.

"He said they'll be here in a few." she smiled. I nodded again and waited.

"BOO!" someone pinches my sides from behind me making me jump and scream.

"Felix!" I slap his arm playfully.

"You gave me a heart attack" Kayla held hand to her heart.

"Sorry." he laughs and gives me a hug.

"Oh so this is the girl you were talking about." Oscar points at me. I hear Felix mumble something that sounds like "shut up." He talks about me?

"Hey Oscar." I say.

"Hey Alanis." he gives me a hug and I hug him back.

"And is this the girl you have been texting all night?" OG points to Kayla. She blushes and Omar rolls his eyes.

"Let's go and play now!" Felix says.

"Let's split into groups. Felix and Alanis. Omar and Kayla. I'm by myself and OG is by himself." Oscar said.

"You, youself isn't a group." Kayla said.

"Yeah. I have me, myself, and I." he says as if he's stating the obvious.

"Wow. Ok then." I roll my eyes, but have a smile on my face.

"We'll meet here at around 7?" Omar asks. OG nods. "If one of us isn't we'll call them." With that we went our seperated ways.

"So what do you want to do first?" Felix asks.

"Let's play that basketball game!" I jumped and pointed towards it.

"Bet I can beat you at it." he smirks.

"Do I smell a challenge?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Other than popcorn and cotton candy, yes you do." he said.

"Challenge accepted." I crossed my arms over my chest. Felix and I ran to the game and paid the guy that works at the game 2 dollars. The guy gives us a rack of a total 8 basketballs.

"Get ready to lose." Felix says as he hold a basketball in his hand, waiting for the game to start.

"Not if I can help it."

"Ready. Set. Go!" the guy began the game.

~*~*~*~ Hey guys! Thanks for so many reads! You're probably thinking "300+ reads? That's not alot." To me that it!... I can't even reach 500 so it's alot for me. Plus I have 300+ reads for only 4 chapters! WOW! Thanks you guys SO much!!! I LOVE YOU!

Ok. So you know about that idea I had? The one I mentioned in the last chapter? Well, no one told me if it was a good idea or not. So I'll be waiting until I see at least 3 comments saying they want the idea. Sounds good? Ok.

Again! I haven't updated in SOOOOO long! I am SOOOOO sorry guys. I'm still on vacation! I'm hanging with my cousin! I'll try to the update the next chapter sooner! :*

AAAAAAAALRIGHTY THEN! Thanks again! Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW! MKay Bai!~*~*~*~