~~Chapter 2~~

"HELP!" I scream. I am terrified and by the looks on Kayla's face, she is too. 2 familiar faces look down at us and kneel down. Felix and Omar. I look down at the ground from the two story building, the roof counting as the 3rd.

"Grab my hand!" Felix holds his hand out as I look back up. I clasp my hand around his as he pulls me up. I'm back on my feet and I'm shaking violently as I hyperventilate. Felix wraps his arms around me and I hug him back tightly, putting my head in the crook of his neck.

"It's ok. You're fine." he brushes his fingers through my hair to comfort me. I raise my head up and look at Kayla. She's hugging Omar as well. I look back at Felix and realize he still has his arms around my waist. I unwrap my arms from around his torso and step back as he lets go.

"Thanks. F-for sav-ving me." I stutter, shy, embarrassed, and still a bit scared.

"I'd do anything to save a life." he smiles. I stare at him for a couple of seconds till he "coughs." I feel my cheeks heating up so I look towards the ground.

"Wait! The fire alarm! Fire!" I said worriedly.

"There's no fire." he told me.

"But the fire alarm."

"Omar and I pulled the fire alarm."

"Oh."

"Yeah, sorry. It's our fault. If it wasn't for us you and your friend wouldn't be dangling off the edge of a 2 story building." he accused himself.

"It's fine. If it wasn't for you we would have fallen off the edge of the two story building." I said.

"Looks like we have a crowd." he said. I looked behind me and the entire school was watching from below.

"A crowd? That's the whole school!"

"Come on. Let's go down." he held his hand out. I smiled and took his hand as he led me downstairs to the main floor. Kayla and Omar are doing who knows what as they follow behind us. We go through the back door towards the field

"Thank goodness you guys are alright!" Mr. Murry ran up to us.

"Thank you boys so much for saving them. Wait, you two could have gotten hurt! All four of you would be hanging over the edge! You could have fallen and-"

"It's ok Mr. Murry. As long as we are fine its ok." Kayla assured him. He nodded and walked towards the principal. That's when firemen came out the back door, passing us. They talked to our principal, Mrs. James and she looked mad. Probably figured out the fire alarm was pulled as a prank. Pulled by the two boys who saved us.

The principal nodded and headed directly towards us. Her hands were balled into a fist and her short hair was bouncing as she stomped.

"Which one of you did it? Which one of you pulled the fire alarm?" she stuck her finger towards each of us. We had our head bowed, looking towards the ground.

"It was us." I looked up and Felix and Omar had their hands up.

"Next year, the both of you are going to detention every Friday for two weeks." she had her hands at her hips and her head held high.

"You can't do that!" I shouted. I soon regretted it once she looked at me dead in the eye.

"What did you say?" she slowly said as she got close to my face.

"Y-you can't gi-give them det-tention." I stuttered.

"And why is that?" she tilted her head. Why do you have to be so scary?! So scary and strict!

"B-because. They saved u-us. If it wer-ren't for t-them, we could h-ave fal-len off the e-edge." I said with a shaky voice. Control yourself Alanis.

"You are also getting detention! Detention for yelling at the principal and defending a student." she said. Thats not fair!

"She shouldn't be getting detention!" Kayla yelled.

"Enough with your nonsense! All four of you are going to detention and that'a final!"

"Ahem, Mrs. James." Mr. Murry tappe her shoulder.

"What is it?" she turned around.

"You shouldn't give these four detention." he said.

"Not you, too." she crossed her arms.

"You are being to hard on the kids. Alanis here is right. These boys saved them. They shouldn't get detention. Alanis shouldn't get a detention either because she's trying to say that it isn't fair to give these boys detention just for pulling the fire alarm when they saved them. Kayla should definitely not get a detention. She's defending her friend that is clearly right." he tried persuading her and she huffed.

"Fine." was all she said and she went back to the classes to do whatever. She picked up the blow horn and told everyone to go home.

"Thank you so much Mr. Murry!" Kayla said.

"Yeah, you were being really persuasive." I say.

"I had two years of law school." he smiled.

"Why are you a teacher?" Omar asked. Felix and Omar have been awfully quiet the whole time.

"I decided I love art and I love kids so I became an art teacher. My dad just wanted me to be a lawyer, but I didn't listen. Now if you will excuse me, I have a wife and kids at home." he walked away into the building.

"Hey, thanks for backing us up." I turned my head towards Felix.

"Don't thank us. Mr. Murry is the one that helped us. If it weren't for him, all four of us could have gone to detention." Kayla said.

"Still, you guys defended us." Omar smiled. It was more towards Kayla rather than both of us.

"Thanks again for saving us." I said.

"Bye." Kayla and I said together.

"Can we get a goodbye hug?" I heard Felix.

"Ok." we turned around. We gave them a hug and waved goodbye.

*** Later. Alanis's house***

"What an awesome last day!" Kayla squealed into the phone.

"Aside from falling to our doom, yes!" I smiled.

"They asked if we can hug them." she cooed.

"Well, it's summer now. There's a few chances we are going to see them." I sigh.

"Don't worry, we have a whole summer ahead of us."

"Alright. Well, I'm gonna crash. Night." I said.

"G'nite." I hung up and put my phone on my nightstand. I turned the lamp off that's next to me and pulled the covers over me. I fell asleep thinking about that day with a smile on my face.

~•~•~•~ A/N Wow! 2 comments already? There's only been 1 chapter! There's even a lot of reads! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! I love you guys!

Sorry guys for the late update and how it's so short! I'm on vacation right now with my cousin! I'll update as soon as possible! Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW! MKay Bai!!!! ~•~•~•~