~~~Chapter 7~~~

"What would you like?" a guy looks down at me from the food truck as I look at the menu.

"Can I have a hot dog, sprite, and cotton candy?" I ask as I get money out from my wallet.

"Sure. That'll be $7.35" I handed him the money as I waited for my food. Felix is also waiting for his food at the window next to me. He smiles at me and I smile back. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around.

"Hi." I am greeted by a guy with brown hair and hazel eyes. I think he's my age and he's really cute.

"Hey." I reply. I turn my attention back to Felix only for my eyes divert back to the guy as he speaks again.

"My name is Kevin." he holds his hand out.

"Alanis." I smile and shake his hands.

"Here's your food. Have fun!" the guy smiles generously at me as I turn back around and grab me food.

"It was nice meeting you." I say politely. I hope he isn't into me. I am not interested. I go up to Felix and he gets his food.

"Where do you want to sit?" I ask.

"Follow me." I do what I am told and follow him to a table nearby.

"Who was that guy?" Felix asks as we sit down. Me sitting across from him.

"A guy I met in the line. His named Kevin." I simply say.

"Oh." was all he said. I ate my hot dog and drank my sprite. When I finished, I began eating my cotton candy.

"Hi again." Kevin sat beside me.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." Felix mumbled.

"May I sit here?" Kevin gestures to the set next to me.

"Sure." I guess.

"Who are you?" Kevin asks Felix as soon as he sits down.

"I'm Felix. Alanis's... Friend." he hesitantly answers.

"Oh cool." Kevin smiles.

"Want some cotton candy?" I take a piece and raise it up. He nods and takes a bite from the cotton candy in my hand.

"Here. Take the piece." he takes it in his hand as the blue cotton candy leaves a sticky mess on my thumb and index finger.

"Do you want some?" I take any piece and reach over the table for Felix to take.

"No thanks." he mumbles. Why is he mumbling so much?

"Suit yourself." I shrug and put it in my mouth. I eat the rest of my cotton candy and grab my trash.

"Where are you going?" Felix looks up at me.

"I'm going to throw these in the trash. Here, I'll throw your guys' trash away, too." I gather it up.

"It's ok. I can do it." Kevin stands up.

"It's alright. I got this." I walk away to the trashcan next to the food truck. I grab a napkin next to the window. I lick my fingers and dry them with the napkin. I toss it in the trash as well and walk back towards the table. I see Kevin talking away and Felix nodding from time to time.

"Whatcha guys talking about?" I ask as I take my seat next to Kevin.

"We're talking about you." he wraps his arms around me.

"Me? What about me?" I ignore the physical contact.

"It's time to go." Felix stands up without giving an answer.

"Um ok." I stand up as well as Kevin's arm slips off my shoulders.

"Bye Kevin." I wave and join Felix.

"Wait for me." I walk beside Felix.

"What's the rush?" I nudge his shoulder.

"Nothing." he mumbles.

"What's wrong?" I stop him by holding his shoulder.

"Nothing." he mumbles again.

"Why do you-"

"Alanis. Wait!" I hear Kevin's voice from behind me. I turn around and Kevin approaches me.

"Hey. Um, maybe we can hangout someday." he takes out a piece of paper from his pockets.

"I'll meet you by the ring toss." Felix walks away. What is with him?

"Yeah, totally." I take it in my hands, knowing his digits are written in it. "I'll call you. Bye." I walk away. I start running, zig zagging through the crowd and booths, looking for the ring toss game. I spot the entrance and zoom there. I spot the ring toss next and also our little gang as I get closer.

"Hey guys." I approach them.

"Hey Alanis. Where were you? We were expecting you and Felix, but Felix was the only one who showed up." Kayla says.

"Sorry. I was talking to someone and Felix went on ahead." I explain.

"Who?" she asks.

"I'll tell you later." she nods. "Alright. Let's go!" Kayla calls her mom and we wait at the entrance. The boys wait with us, but Felix goes on ahead and goes to their car. What pushed his button? Did I do something wrong?

"She's here. Come on." Kayla pulls my hand.

"Bye you guys!" I wave behind me. I sit in the back seat as Kayla sits in the passenger. We buckle our seat belts and head home.

***My room***

"He kept mumbling." I spoke through the phone.

"Did he start mumbling when 'what's his face' came?" Kayla voice was heard through the other line.

"Kevin. And yeah. And when we left Kevin came up to me and gave me his number. Felix-"

"Wait, Kevin gave you his number?" Kayla gasps.

"Yeah. He wanted to hang out. Anyways Felix.-"

"He doesn't want to just hang out. It's obvious he's hitting on you." she interrupts me.

"I'm not that into him. I just met him. Anyways-"

"So? You practically stared at Felix from a distance, not even talking to him and you fell head over heels for him."

"May I finish what I was saying please?" I plopped onto my bed after doing stuff I'm not paying attention to. Have you ever done that? Talking on the phone and not realizing what you are doing? I've done that billions of times.

"Sorry. Go ahead." she says.

"Felix said he'll meet me at the ring toss game and walked away. It's like he's impatient."

"He isn't impatient. He's jealous. He knew that guy has a thing for you." she says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Jealous? I don't think so." I scoff.

"Alanis. Don't play dumb with me. Felix has a crush on you idiot!" Kayla yells into the phone.

"Crush?" I smile.

"Yeah. Duh! Sometimes you can be an airhead." she insults.

"Nu uh!... Maybe, but still. Maybe he does have a crush on me. We'll just see what happens."

"Whatever. I'm gonna go to sleep. Night."

"Night." I hang up the phone. I charge my phone and put it on the nightstand. I turn off my lamp and lay on my back.

Felix? A crush on me? After years, he has a crush on me? I guess he was jealous. Maybe I shouldn't call 'what's his face." I take the piece of paper out of my pocket from earlier and put it on the nightstand. I'll decide tomorrow. Wait, I forgot to ask Felix about him calling me Ally! Ugh, I'll ask tomorrow. Right now, I shall sleep.

~*~*~*~(A/N: Hey guys! SO sorry for the late update. I've been babysitting  and stuff. I've been adding little by little to the chapter. SO SORRY. I'll start on chapter 8 right now. Maybe chapter 8 will come earlier. :P BTW, if this chapter has a lot of errors well it's because I didn't reread. Just... blame me for it. :P DOUBLE BTW feel free to write on my message board. You can talk to me on there!

There's your chapter! Thanks so much for reading! 600+ reads! OMG! Thanks! You guys are helping me reach my goal of reads: 1000+. I know it's not much, but it's a lot to me! Also 30+ votes. I love you guys so much! I should update faster because of your support, but with me I can be so lazy or I am busy. If I post a chapter today and post another the next day, THAT WOULD BE A MIRACLE! Alright. Enough of my blabbling! Please VOTE, COMMENT, and READ! I love you guys! :P MKay Bai!~*~*~*~