~~~Chapter 3~~~

Vibration. That stupid vibration that's coming from my phone. Signaling I have a call.

"Can I sleep in for one day? At least for the first day of summer!" I put my pillow over my head. The vibration stopped, but it vibrated again. I snatched my phone off the night stand and looked at the caller ID.

"Why. Why wake me up again!" I answered.

"Dude, it's 1 o'clock. Now get up! We're going to the mall." Kayla said.

"Why didn't you sleep in?" I asked.

"Because my annoying brother kept banging on my door at 6 in the morning to make him breakfast." she said. I can tell that she's rolling her eyes by the tone of her voice.

"Alright, I'll ask my mom to bring us." I said.

"Pick me up in an hour! Later." she hung up the phone. I got up and did my daily routine. I put on my Beatles graphic tee and skinny jeans.I put my phone in my back pocket and got my money out of my wallet, putting it in my other back pocket. The wallet is too big to fit in my pocket and I don't want to carry it all around the mall.

I took my Vans Off the Wall SnapBack off my shelves of many snapbacks, putting it on backwards. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Good afternoon everybody." I said as I got orange juice from the fridge and pouring my self a glass.

"Look who's finally awake." My dad said.

"Yup. Up and ready. So hey mom, can you drop Kayla and I off at the mall?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah sure what time?" I looked at the time on the microwave then back at my mom. 1:10? Wow I have a lot of time.

"In about 35 minutes?" I calculated how long to get to Kayla's house, then to the mall.

"Ok, just remind me of the time." she said.

"Mkay." I put my glass in the sink while my mom was still cleaning the dishes and I slowly walked away into in the living room. I seated myself on the couch and turned on the TV. I grabbed through the remote off the coffee table and channel surfed.

"There's nothing on!" I groaned. I just kept changing the channel. I didn't know that I've already spent 35 minutes clicking away.

"Come on Alanis!" My mom interrupted my channel surfing.

"What? Oh, right!" I got up from the couch and put on my vans. I got in the passenger seat as my mom got in the driver seat. She started the car and drove off.

The ride to Kayla's house was silent, making the 5 minute drive there very long and boring. All you can hear is the soft music playing on the radio.

"Hi Mrs. Pennington!" Kayla greeted as she got in the back seat.

"Hi Kayla. How are you?" my mom drove off.

"Good!" That was all that was said until we got to the mall. Another long boring 10 minute drive.

"Bye mom! I'll call you when we need to get picked up." I got out of the car.

"Ok. Bye honey. Be safe." she said before I close the door. I waved and she drove off.

"Come on!" Kayla grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the mall.

"I'm going!" I pulled her to slow down.

"Let's go to 'Ever' first!" she said. We walked around the mall until we found 'Ever.' We entered and looked at every shirt. I bought 2 tops, 1 skinny jeans, and 1 shorts.

"Let's look for pennyboards!" I suggested as we exited 'Ever.' Kayla nodded in agreement and looked in every store that might have pennyboards.

"There's no pennyboards here." I whined.

"We'll find them. I know there is pennyboards in one of the stores. I saw it. I just can't re- Look! It's the Fooo!" Kayla pointed. Maybe we might have better chances of seeing them. They were crowded by girls. We walked... more like fast walked towards them. We pushed through the crowds and found Oscar. Oscar Enestad.

"Hi Oscar! Can I take a picture with you?" Kayla asked.

"Sure." he smiled.

"I'm going to look for Felix." I whisper in Kayla ear, loud enough for her to hear and soft enough so other people won't. She nodded and took out her phone. I pushed through crowd even more and ran into Oscar Molander. I was going to say hi but I saw a hand grab his shoulder and jerk him around. I pushed through deeper and found Felix. Wow, The Fooo is getting popular by the second.

"Hi Felix!" I smiled.

"Oh hi!... you didn't tell me your name." he said.

"Alanis!" I told him.

"Cute name!" he smiled.

"Thanks! Can we-" a girl shoved me and took a pic.

"Are you OK?" he asked as I got closer again.

"Yeah. As I was say-" another girl interrupted and took a picture.

"Oh my god! Can we take a-" yet again I was interrupted, but it wasn't a girl. A guy cut in between Felix and all the girls, including me and started backing us up.

"Ok, girls. Time to go. There here to roam the mall not get bombarded by you girls." he said.

"That girl is with me." Felix said behind the guy. He nodded and let me through. I turned around and people were backing the girls up. Soon enough they scattered off.

"Thanks guys." Felix said to the helpers.

"No problem." They walked off, not too far so they can barricade the boys if girls pile on them again.

"What were you going to say?" Felix asked.

"I said, can I take a picture with you? 2. Pictures."

"Sure." he smiled. I got out my phone and tapped on the camera app. We got close to each other and I snapped the picture.

"One more?" I said.

"Yeah. Here, let me take this picture." he said.

"Ok." he lifted up the phone, getting ready to take the picture. I turned my head to kiss him on the cheek to surprise him. I thought of it as a "gift" for saving me. What I didn't know was that he was going to kiss me on the cheek, too...