two

ashton couldn't help it.

he wanted to hear calum's story. he wanted to pay attention, and find out the ending.

but the thunderbirds were sat directly in his eyesight, and his eyes just naturally landed on the handsome blonde that was laughing away with the rest.

the way he smiled wide, and rocked back a little whenever he chuckled. and the way he ran his fingers through his perfectly styled hair whenever his laugh died down.

he was just so pretty.

"ashton!"

calum's loud exclamation made the shorter boy jump a little, his glasses slipping off his nose slightly.

"s- sorry. continue." ashton spoke with a quiet voice, and a guilty tone.

"what were you even looking at?"

calum turned his torso, ashton clenching his eyes shut, already knowing what the kiwi boy's reaction was going to be when he found out who he was staring at.

"really, ash?"

ashton could clearly hear the disappointment in his friend's voice.

"i'm sorry. he was just -"

"'there.' yeah, i know."

ashton looked down at his lap in shame, pushing up his glasses, which was a nervous habit of his.

"it's just a petty crush, ashton. i love you a lot, but honestly i don't think luke is the best person to have a crush on."

ashton fiddled with his fingers, picking at his nails, his head still hung low.

"y - yeah. you're right."

▲▼▲

luke threw his head back, loud chuckles escaping him, as he clapped his hands together to emphasise the humour.

the others were doing the same, all snickering and giggiling along to each other's stories.

"hey guys. you see that kid, ashton?"

"ashton irwin?" a member asked, furrowing their eyebrows.

luke perked up when he heard the name. he casually looked around with the others, trying to catch a glimpse of the boy.

"ok, yeah. i see him." someone nodded.

the others turned their attention back to the brunette who had asked the question in the first place.

however, luke didn't.

he kept his eyes on the cute boy sitting on one of the picnic tables - across their's, - in the school field.

"well, today, before first period, i knocked his books out of his hands, and he started apologising and shit. he was so terrified, he wasn't even looking at me in the eyes, it was hilarious."

the group chuckled at the anecdote, luke forcing his laugh out. he playfully let out a "good one" to the brunette, but inside he felt insanley guilty.

he sent one last glance to the shy wavy haired boy, his hazel eyes meeting his.

a blush tinted ashton's cheeks, and he immediately looked down at his lap once more, causing luke to smile.

the boy was so damn adorable.

not that he could ever admit it.

▼▲▼

guys i have no clue how to be mean, or how to be cool, so if the thunderbirds seem lame, i apologise in advance

[just make your mind think they're badass for me, yeah thanks]