sixteen

"hey, michael!"

the boy turned at the call of his name, seeing the tall blonde march his way.

"hey, lu -"

"i need to talk to you."

michael's face dropped. he turned to the thunderbirds, telling them he'd "be right back", and followed luke to the side.

"what's up, dude?"

"michael, i need you to hear me out." luke said. michael nodded in agreement.

"you're my best friend, right?" the blonde asked.

"yeah, of course."

"and you'll support me no matter what?"

"luke, where are you going with thi -"

"and you'll support me no matter what?" luke repeated, his tone of voice harsher, which startled michael a little.

"yeah. yeah, totally. why?"

luke closed his eyes, and took a deep breath in. he didn't understand why what he was about to tell michael made him so nervous.

"me and the irwin kid are dating."

michael's face was blank.

luke eyed him with a guilty look, anticipating the anger already. but instead, all michael did was chuckle.

"ha. that's funny, luke. real funny, nice one." michael laughed, slapping luke's chest, before making his way back to the gang again.

luke grabbed onto michael's jacket and dragged him back.

he looked michael dead in the eye and said, "michael. i'm serious."

and that's when it finally sunk in.

"wait? what? how?"

luke glanced around at his surroundings, thinking about how he was going to word his explanation.

"i - i've always liked him, mike. i just - i acted like a dick, because i knew you'd hate me."

michael's face softened. "luke. i don't hate you, dude. i'm just surprised. how'd it happen?"

"i'll explain the details later. for now, all i need to know is if we're good?"

"course." michael grinned, fist bumping luke. the two laughed away, luke hitting michael in the back, and michael punching luke on the arm.

"wait. but the rest of them." michael spoke up, looking back at the other members.

"i don't think they'd approve."

luke patted michael's shoulder.

"you're michael clifford. you can take care of them."

michael smirked at his friend's words.

"yeah, you're right."

▲▼▲

yay best friends !!

there's only one chapter left ))): [well, technically two, but the second one is sorta out of the story line but anyways]

idk if i'll update when i get back from school, or tomorrow so eh