nine

bc im a nice human individual, i decided to update this chapter earlier, since you guys seem real keen for jealous luke so here you go, enjoy

▼▲▼

ashton let out a giggle, covering his mouth with his hand, as to not spit out some of the food he was chewing.

tom sat opposite him, chuckling along, his smile demonstrating how fond he was of the smaller boy.

luke was sitting on the other side of the diner, his friends laughing at something michael had said.

however, the blonde was looking behind him, leaning his arm on the seat, and pretending to scratch the back of his neck, when in reality he was just trying to spy on ashton's date.

it wasn't fair, how come ashton goes on a date with tom, but not him.

sure, luke hadn't technically asked, but still.

ashton felt a pair of eyes on him, and he turned his neck slightly, catching luke look away instantly.

he noticed the jukebox right beside the thunderbirds' table, and so he turned back to tom.

"do you have a quarter? i wanna put some music on." [a/n: idk how much jukebox costed to play so imagine]

tom nodded, and grabbed a quarter from his pocket. he handed it to the curly haired, ashton sending him a small smile.

ashton got up from his chair, walking down the few steps, and made his way to the jukebox, knowing he had to pass between the thunderbirds.

he halted in his steps seeing michael's feet blocking his path.

he stopped, raising his hands in mock surrender, before michael removed his legs with a loud cackle, the others soon joining in.

the small boy shoved the coin in the slot, glancing to the side, seeing luke eye him.

"hey, guys, i'll be right back." luke rushed out, the others just nodding in repsonse, and going back to their conversation.

he took the long way to the jukebox to make sure the thunderbirds weren't able to see him with ashton.

he was a few steps away, when a hand wrapped around his leather-coated arm and pulled him back.

"hey, luke!" a squeaky voice cheered.

he turned to be faced with patty simcox. aka the school's most hated passive agressive girl.

who, not to mention, a massive good-y two shoes.

"not right now, pat." luke spoke bluntly, pushing the blonde girl off.

"oh, okay! we'll talk later!" she smiled, waving with a smile so big, it looked almost creepy.

he rolled his eyes, and casually made his way to ashton as if nothing had happened.

"hey." he said, smoothly.

ashton simply raised his eyebrows in response.

"so -- what are you doing here?" luke asked, pretending he didn't know.

"oh." ashton smirked.

"tom asked me out on a date." he sent a wave towards the brunette, who waved back a very uncomfortable and confused one back.

luke sent ashton an "are you fucking serious" look as he leaned his hand on the jukebox.

"really? tom chisum? he's a total idiot!" the blonde said, a slightly frustrated tone in his voice.

"jealous, are you?"

luke scoffed. "jealous? oh, ashton, don't make me laugh." he said, throwing his back and letting out a forced chuckle.

ashton sent him a glare.

"well, i think tom is a very nice guy. so if you'll excuse me."

the smaller boy pushed past the greaser, and made his way back to his table.

and that's when luke realised how determined he was to get ashton to be his.

▼▲▼

i just realised that im making ashton more like sandy in the movie, and not the shy boy ashton i intended

mainly because some scenes are directly from the movie and some aren't, so if ashton's personality changes, whoops

[and yes i am aware the names tom chisum and patty simcox are incredibly stupid, but tell that to the producers of grease]