Chapter 7: Camdyn's First Job

Okay, I can't remember if I've mentioned this yet or not, but Imma say it anyway. The monster "Kobold Lord" does not belong to me. It belongs to the creators of SAO. 😺
Camdyn's P.O.V.:

We started walking in the direction we originally had been before I kinda "got off track." I don't know where we're going because I didn't really ever explore the town. I just usually kept to myself and went to the nearest market every-once-in-a-while to buy food and other necessary things. I'm walking behind Erza while my eyes are elsewhere; observing my surroundings. I'm happily skipping along and every time my feet hit the ground the soles of my boots make a clicking sound.
The clicking sound is so much fun to hear. 'BAGANG!!!'

"Oomf!" I fell back and landed on my butt. Awe man, it feels like I just ran into a metal pole. "Awe cheese that hurt!" I sat there rubbing my head. What da cheese did I run-oh, I was walking behind Erza. I looked up at the red-haired mage and saw that the rest of the group had come to a stop. When I saw where we were I stood up abruptly, dusting my cloak off. We were standing in front of...................
...........................a train station.

"NOOOOOHOHOOO!!!! Why me?!?!" I hollered. Everyone turned to look at me, shocked at my outburst.

"Camdyn, what's the matter?!" Lucy asked. I fell to my knees and stared at the ground. I had my hood up so nobody could see my face.

"I just... Don't like riding trains." I mumbled.

"Why not?" Gray asked while bending over trying to get a peek at my face. I looked up again. I had my cap on under my hood and luckily that made it harder for them to see the color staining my cheeks. My ears started burning under their inquiring gazes. I let out a sigh.

"I get super-duper motion-sick." I said, finally.

"Well, if that's the case then you and Natsu here are in the same boat." Lucy said walking up behind Natsu and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Boats?!" Natsu and I said in unison. Then we both doubled over with our faces turning a sickish green. "I guess we have no choice, Natsu." I said.
"I guess not." He replied as we both stood up with depressing auras surrounding us both.
We all started to board the train we would be taking to the village. Natsu and I are dragging our feet like little kids that didn't get what they wanted. We all sat in the same booth even though it was kinda squishy-squeezy. Immediately the train began to move, leaving Natsu and I fighting for existence.

"Gray, Bro, you gotta help me out here, man." I managed to say. Gray just shook his head slowly and looked out the window. "Lu.....cy?" I turned to her. She shook her head. "Hap....py, puuullleeease?" I groaned.

"Nope, sorry." The blue cat shrugged and went back to talking to Carla.

"There's no point in askin' those jerks, Camdyn. Ask Wendy, she has a special spell that doesn't work on me anymore." Natsu wheezed.

"Thanks, man, you're a life-saver." He nodded slowly in response. I forced my head to face Wendy. "Wendyyyyy.....would you please help me?" She smiled and nodded and put her hands up in front of her and when they began to glow blue she said some weird nonsense that I'll never be able to remember. Then all of the suffering went away like it was swept outta me on a breeze.
"I....I feel so much better. Thanks-a-billion, Wendy! Hold up. What kinda mage are you?"

"Oh, I'm a Sky Dragon Slayer." Wendy said, simply. I stared at her in shock. She certainly didn't look like a Dragon Slayer. Then a again that would explain her magical healing powers. I've read about Sky Dragons before. I know pretty much all about them. They truly are amazing creatures. I've always wanted to meet one.