Chapter 12: Fog

Natsu's POV:

I made my way to the guild with Happy flying by my side. We met up with Lucy and walked the rest of the way together. I pushed open the huge doors for Lucy and Happy to walk in. I leave the doors open as I step inside after them. I head straight for the jobs board. Stopping in front of the board I notice that Wendy, Carla, and Camdyn aren't here yet. Everybody else is here. I blow it off and continue looking at the job requests.
Just then then doors burst open. I turn around quickly and see Camdyn run in with Wendy in tow.

"Camdyn, slow down!" Wendy yells breathlessly. Camdyn skids to a halt a little too soon and Wendy crashes into her, causing them to both topple to the ground. A moment later, Camdyn springs up with enthusiasm that blinds us all. Wendy whines on the floor while Camdyn stands there, unscathed and her smile undiminished. When she finally realizes that Wendy is still on the ground, Camdyn hurriedly crouches down and tenderly helps her on to her feet, apologizing.

"Sorry, Wendy." Camdyn said after helping her up. I walk over to the two as they sit down at a nearby table.

"Hey, where's Carla?" Wendy was about to answer when Camdyn interrupted her by standing on the table. The cups and plates clattered as she stepped from the bench onto the tabletop. Camdyn stood up straight and put her fists on her hips, giving her a look of confidence.

"I almost forgot to tell everyone." Camdyn said from her place on the table. Wendy sighed in exasperation.

"Oh no. Not this." Wendy said and hid her face behind her hands. I looked back at Camdyn who was still standing on the table.

"Carla isn't feeling well today, so I'll be taking care of Wendy!" This caught everyone's attention and they all turned to look at the mage. "Carla asked me to do so herself, in fact!" Camdyn pointed a finger at the crowd of mages below her. "So let me just go ahead and put this out there." Camdyn cleared her throat before she continued.
"Wendy is going to be my little sister for today. I hope that's alright with you, Wendy." Wendy nodded her head and gave Camdyn a small smile. This made Camdyn glow with joy as she kept going. "That means if I catch anyone even thinking about touching my precious little sister, I will personally give you a brutal beating, smash you into a corpse smoothie, put you back together, then drag you to the pits of Hell, and with my bare hands throw you into Satan's Black-Flamed Lake. Do you know how hot black flames are?" She grins devilishly.
"Natsu will tell you." Camdyn points to me and when all eyes are looking at me I point to the sky.

"Hotter than the sun!" I yell and Camdyn nods. Gasps filled the room.

"Exactly, so make sure to keep this in mind. All of you." Camdyn finishes and keeps smirking devilishly. She jumps off of the table, walks over to Wendy and takes her hand gently. Camdyn leads Wendy over to the job request board and begins searching for a job.
"Don't worry, Wendy. We'll choose an easier job." Wendy nods, accepting Camdyn's decision.

"Okay." Camdyn continues looking for a job with Wendy.
I think I'm just gonna chill today.
I sit down at a table and rest my chin on my arms. I doze off without realizing it.

Camdyn's POV:

"Aha! What about this one?!" Wendy holds up a flyer. "We have to find a killer in a nearby village!" I consider this for a moment. Wendy sees my hesitation and continues to advertise.
"It's not too hard or too easy. That way we both get to put in a little work." I maul this over in my head. I can tell that Wendy doesn't want to be thought of as weak, so now she's trying to prove herself.
But it's dangerous to take her out on that kind of mission. I don't know...

"What does it say about the killer?" I ask. Wendy brightens up seeing me cave.

"It says that he's committed 31 reported homicides." I close my eyes, analyzing the information.
31 reported homicides. That means there's a possibility that he's committed more than 31 murders. He's just good at covering up. I open my eyes, looking at Wendy.