Chapter 9! Bonus Chapter!

SO I DECIDED TO DO 2 THIS WEEK MOONBEAMS! ENJOY!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

"Hide me!"

"What?" Kenney turned around in circles like a puppy chasing its tail as he tried to catch a glimpse of me ducking and dodging behind him.

"Kenney stop moving. No questions. Just hide me!"

"Ok..." he suddenly stopped and stood there, hands out to his sides and, true to form, tried to be as dramatically immobile as possible, until he could no longer hold in the laughter. "C'mon gul. Hell you doin'?"

"Ssh! I just saw somebody I know..." I whispered hoarsely. "Don't want to talk to him."

"Who? Not ol' dude walkin' over here..."

"What?" I straightened up just in time to catch the eye of Collin Stewart and what I could only assume was his new girlfriend.

"Well, well," I said casually, trying to slow down my speeding heart. "Collin Stewart, as I live and breathe..."

Kenney looked over at me, thoroughly amused. Of course he knew I didn't talk like that.

So did Collin.

"Natasha Marie Berry," Collin replied, almost sounding happy to see me. "What brings you all the way down here?"

"Uh, school." My response was sarcastic, but only his girl seemed to notice.

"What's up, man." Collin turned to Kenney and extended his hand. "Collin."

"Kenney," he leaned forward and shook Collin's hand, then the girl's.

"Shaunta," she said wispily and batted her eyes at Kenney. Then she gave me a silent once over and grabbed Collin's arm. "Baby, we have to finish registering." Again, she looked down her nose at me.

Kenney also looked over at me and put his hand on my back. His eyes told me to just "be easy." I knew that's what he was thinking because that's what he was always telling me to do.

"Well, it was nice seeing you again," Collin said, eyeing Kenney and then letting his "Shaunta" pull him in the opposite direction.

I was all for letting the subject drop, but Kenney never was the type to let an encounter go unnoticed.

Nevertheless, I tried. Turning back to the registrar's table, I busied myself with reading and rereading the incomplete class schedule until I could no longer stand the silence.

When I looked over at Kenney, I was surprised to see a more serious look on his face than a teasing one.

"So that was lemons and sugar, huh?"

I choked on my gum. "What?"

"You heard me."

I smiled and looked away. For some reason, he seemed angry when I looked back at him.

"Is that also 'push you up against the locker' dude?"

Quickly I looked around to see if anyone had heard him, namely Collin. I didn't want Collin to think that I still gave a crap about all that high school stuff after all this time. Why was Kenney being such a butthole all of a sudden?

"I thought so." Kenney looked across the room at Collin when I didn't answer.

"Don't start muggin' him Kenney. That was a long time ago. Come on." I got behind him and pushed him along. "Let's go so I can pay my money and these fools can give me the rest of my classes. I don't know why the hell they didn't tell me in the beginning that I still owed money before I went and stood in that ten mile long line..."