Chapter 13

THE SONG LYRICS USED BELOW ARE IN NO WAY AN ATTEMPT AT COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. THESE ARE JUST REALLY GREAT SONGS! **ORIGINAL COPYRIGHT OF THIS BOOK DID NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THE SONG LYRICS USED IN THIS CHAPTER OR IN ANY SUBSEQUENT CHAPTER.**

                                                                                      CHAPTER 13

Great. It took thirty minutes just to do my hair. As it was, I had it pulled into a long, tight braid. It would take ten minutes just to unbraid it. I shoved the phone off the bed. Collin's dumbass wasting my damn time, always calling about nothing. Just one more reason why I couldn't stand his ass.

I ran down the hall to the community bathroom and called to Shayna that the boys were picking us up in an hour. Then I hurried back to the room and gathered up my things before sprinting back to the bathroom and jumping in one of the showers.

About an hour and five minutes later, we were late. My fault. Shayna went downstairs to tell the boys that we were on the way, but came right back up and reported that they weren't even there yet. Five minutes after that, we descended the stairs to find Kenney and Rob, aka Mo'Betta and Drama waiting outside on the steps. Drama looked very cool leaned up against the rail, one foot up, looking out over the campus reflectively.

I had started liking his style more and more. He was tall, a perfect shade of mahogany brown and way better looking than Kenney. He actually probably could have been a model himself if he had played his cards right. Instead he was a rebel in its truest form, always ready to say the opposite of what anyone else said just because. With his hair now in short, even locks, pulled neatly back into a rubber band and...with his fresh to def, button down black...silk....shirt tucked into pressed khakis, I made the silent decision that the boy was trying too hard. Not only that, but he couldn't dress worth a crap. The funny thing was, he still looked good anyway.

I looked over at Shayna, who was also tall, dark and beautiful and decided that they made a perfect match. They were complete opposites, but also exact compliments of one another. He was outspoken, but never too loud. She was quiet and refined unless there was something that she really needed to get off her chest, in which case she was louder than anyone I knew. He was energetic and embraced every moment as it came. She was laid back and took in every last detail of all that was going on around her, yet she always appeared to be not too impressed with any one thing in particular.

Most people never really realized how observant Shayna was, since she opted to keep most of her opinions to herself, but I knew when I took one look at Rob that she was only thinking one thing.

"He. Is. So fine!" she leaned over and whispered to me. "But the boy can't dress for 'ish. I wonder where he's from?"

I tried not to laugh. "I knew that's what you were thinking!" I pinched her arm playfully. "Maybe you can help him out sometime."'

"Definitely."

"You know he's only dressed like that for you. I've never seen him in anything but Phat Farm and Tims."

She chuckled. "Ya boy looks all shined up, though...as usual."

I looked over at Kenney. Now this one, he could dress his butt off. If I hadn't already known better, I would have taken that as suspect. But I guess with four sisters, a brother can't help but pick up a few things. He was always very clean and neat for days, with short hair and a clean-shaven face, a direct contrast to his best friend's wild style and perfectly manicured goatee.