Chapter 46

HEY MOONBEAMS! I'M GOING TO CHANGE THE SEASONS AROUND IN THIS BOOK, SO ALL THE NEW SECTIONS WILL BE CALLED "NEW SEASON" UNTIL I FIGURE IT OUT! *MUAH!* PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVS!

Recap: 

"Kenney, I wanted to tell you that I named her..."

Kenney put his hand up to stop me. I could see in his eyes that I was making whatever he was there for harder than it had to be. I silently wondered if he had my stuff in the car and was there to drop it off at the hospital.

"Natasha...I'm leaving on business for like a month, so..." He faltered a little when my face fell, but he kept his steady gaze directly on my eyes and continued. "So, listen, you have your key with you?" I nodded. "Cool. So, uh...I'm out. Take your time and everything. Like I said, mi casa es su casa. Don't bring that fool in my house, of course." He looked at me and waited for my verbal agreement.

"Of course," was all I could get out.

"...and if you're still there when I get back, then I'll know..." I shook my head and broke his gaze. He was ripping my heart in two, but it had to be done. "Well, I hope you and the baby are still there, but if you're not, it's cool. I'll understand."

I knew it wasn't cool, I knew he didn't understand, and I had heard him take on that nonchalant tone when discussing things that were too painful to think about more times than I could count. Again, I wanted to kill myself for putting him through this. All he ever wanted to do was be a good friend to me.

"So..." he was still watching me closely when I looked back his way. "Guess I'll see you around then. Do you need anything? Like...anything?" I shook my head no. "And your parents, they're staying for a while to help out, right?" I nodded yes. "Cool, cool." He looked slightly more at ease knowing that they were in town now. "Aunt Jasmine's here, too, if you need her. You can call her for anything at all. Anything..." I nodded again. "Well, then, your parents are more than welcome to stay at the crib, too... Just not that damn fool." Kenney couldn't even say his name.

"Ok," I fought tears, but they came anyway.

Kenney looked like he wasn't affected one way or the other by the very things that were ripping me all the way apart, but his hand was shaking when he ran it gently over my hair one last time and softly kissed my forehead. Then he looked down at my still slightly round belly and said "Try to get him to walk with you." I nodded and felt suddenly like I was falling into a very dark hole.

"Kenney..." He looked at me for the longest time, and I knew that he knew I was having an anxiety attack. He waited and waited. But he had never been the type to impose his help on anyone, so when I didn't ask for it and finally looked away, he kissed my forehead one more time and stood up.

"Aight then, darlin'. I'm out."

And with that he walked out of the door without another word. 

Chapter 46 -

When we left the hospital, my parents helped me get my stuff from Kenney's. They never asked me what it was doing there, and as far as I know, they never said anything about it to Collin either. They probably figured that it was some love triangle mess that they didn't want any part of. And in a way, they were right.