Sneak Peak: Color Blind - First Kiss

HEY MOONBEAMS! PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK COLOR BLIND NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES!

"Here you go," he said, handing me the pillow and laying the blanket across my body. It was warm and I snuggled into it.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"How did you know where to get this?" I asked.

"Oh," he waved his hand and sat back down on the other end of the couch. "I'm over here all the time." Then he looked at me, expressionless, "I mean, when you're not."

The blanket was draped over my shoulder and partly covered my face as I sank into the pillow. I peered over the covers at him and tried to hide a smile.

"Yeah, I'm always asking Tia to get you over here, but you won't ever come. You must be the busiest girl in the world..."

He glanced at me knowingly. I looked away, the intensity of his gaze making me blush.

Now, Scarface is a great movie, but it's long as hell. We watched it for what seemed like forever and then I started to doze off. Lafayette came into the room, but must have thought we were both knocked, because he turned around and went right back down the hall to Tia's room.

I was quickly getting used to Scott and almost felt comfortable with him. I felt the type of comfort that you feel with a person that you've known for so long that it's not really necessary to say anything to them. There was an easy silence between us, and I had almost forgotten that it wasn't one of my friends sitting on the other end of the couch. Right when I was beginning to think that Scott had fallen asleep too, he lightly nudged my foot.

"So, you're just not gonna share that blanket, huh?"

"What?" He caught me off guard and I didn't know what else to say.

"I mean, can a brutha get a little warmth?" Brutha? Who did this guy think he was?

I giggled at the way he said it. Again I wasn't looking at him when he spoke and could have sworn I felt my heart skip a beat. He took my laughter as an invitation to get under the blanket with me. I didn't argue, but sat up to give him more room. He kept just enough space between us to let me feel comfortable, but got as close as he knew he could without me moving away. I noticed that Scott was really good about knowing exactly what other people wanted from him.

"Hey," his fingertips brushed my arm and a chill went down my spine. I shivered. He smiled, but didn't comment on it. "You know I like you, right?"

"Huh?"

I never expected him to just come out and say it. I thought that he was going to keep sending messages through Tia and that I could just keep avoiding him for the rest of my life.

Scott grinned. I looked at his teeth again, then at his lips... I shook my head and looked away. What was I thinking having a crush on this white boy? My mom would kill me! I tried to keep my heart from racing the way that it was.

I looked over at him again. He kind of bit his bottom lip and licked it at the same time, his eyes cast downward.

"I said..." Scott bit his lip again. He got me every time he did that. "I like you."

He glanced cautiously my way and then leaned in towards me. I was still leaning against the arm of the couch and had nowhere to go. Not that I wanted to go anywhere... My heart started beating faster and I felt my hands begin to shake. This was silly! What was I getting so worked up about? I tried to take in a deep breath, but it came out like a short gasp. He leaned in closer to me and touched my face.