Chapter 32

Hola Moonbeams! You may have noticed I started posting chapters more than just on Sundays. So before you read this one, please go back and make sure you haven't missed anything! Don't forget to comment and vote! I would love to know what you think so far! 

The next day Collin came over to apologize. The sound of his keys jingling in the lock reminded me that I needed to take them back...and change the locks. There was no way I was letting Looney Toons continue to have open access to my place. I mean, I know dude was paying my bills and all, but that's not because I couldn't pay them myself. He just liked doing things for me, and I liked letting him.

Well, I did.

I pulled the covers back over my head and put that piece of crap ring, which was starting to look more and more like an overpriced handcuff to me, right on top of the pillow next to me so that he could have quick access to it and then get the hell out. Thinking back now, I should have kept it and pawned it for my troubles.

When he walked into the bedroom, I smelled the roses before I saw them. The smell was so overwhelming, I'm surprised the baby didn't make a mad dash for the bathroom.

Collin put the roses down on the dresser and slinked his way over to the bed like a dog that had just been kicked. I didn't even have to look over at him to know that's what he was doing, because that's what he always did when he thought I was about to leave his sorry ass.

"I'm so sorry baby." He tried to get me to turn over, but I wouldn't. Then he put this little cheap, fugly stuffed dog on the bed where I could see it and bent down to kiss the back of my neck, which is the only part of me that he could get to. He ran his fingers softly over my left hand, which was clutching the covers up over my face. I knew I had to be looking butt-ugly like that stuffed dog by then, since I had a whole night to sleep on my already jacked up mug. My mouth and the left side of my face were still swelling when I had finally given up on trying to ice them down the night before. "Where's your ring?" he asked softly, kissing my neck again.

"I'm leaving you, Collin." I snapped from under the satin sheet. "We're not kids anymore. I'm too old for this shit."

I felt him stiffen. "What?" He grabbed me roughly by the arm and yanked me around. At the sight of my face, which closely resembled any opponent after a heavyweight match, he shrank back in horror. "Oh, God..."

"Oh," I sat up so he could get a better look, "so now you think there's a God, huh?" I shook my head disgustedly. "Asshole."

"Natasha, look..."

"No. You look." I got right in front of him so he wouldn't have any choice but to look at what he had done to me. "That's right. Get a good look at me, Collin because you messed my face up like this. You got me pregnant and made me fat, you're the one who ruined my whole life, and up until right this second, you didn't even give half a rat's ass about any of that. The only reason you probably care about me now is because you're afraid that if I call the police they'll lock you up for a really long time." I wiped away an angry tear. Collin wiped away the other one. "Don't touch me."

He held up his hands in surrender. "Ok, ok," he whispered. "I'm sorry. I won't touch you."

"I can't believe you hit me, Collin."

"I know." He looked down at his own hands like he couldn't even believe it himself.

"And you tried to rape me while I was pregnant with your child."