Part 1

A sunny summer day shone brightly over Konoha. The most recent batch of genin has just graduated and are waiting for their Sensei's to pick them up. One particular jounin Sensei would be late to this event as he had a meeting with the Hokage who took his time in explaining just who exactly his team would consist of.

Naruto Uzumaki isn't the type to back down, yet he still remains the sort of silent humble type in his own way.
Sasuke Uchiha lost his clan and still, a flame of fierce determination burns through his eyes.
Sakura Haruno is the smartest kunoichi of her generation.

This was supposed to be team 7, the team Kakashi Hatake is meant to look out for and train to the best of his abilities.

If they passed his test, he promised himself, he'd do everything in his power to make them strong and more importantly. A team.

Doubt had fetched itself into Kakashi's head as he walked into the academy classroom after being two hours late and finding the three sitting quietly away from each other.

He'd heard rumors of Naruto being quite the prankster. The boy had the lowest grades of the class. Sasuke is the rookie of the year and had the highest with Sakura not far behind him.
The team was balanced, their strengths and weaknesses outweighing each other, supporting each other.

The only question is; Can they take the opportunity they've so carefully been given?

"Maido Maido" Kakashi breathed out. The kids turned their attention toward the jounin whom they'd call sensei.

Naruto seemed curious about his navy mask covering half his face and the gravity-defying hair.

Sakura didn't bother looking up from the fiction book she was reading whilst Sasuke observed his Sensei as he leaned back against Naruto's desk and wondered if he really were a jounin with his kind of tardiness.

Kakashi deadpanned, expecting some kind of response from the lot. "Sorry I'm late...let's head up to the roof and introduce ourselves" he reasoned and transported to the roof without waiting for a response.

Meanwhile, Naruto became strangely excited at seeing the transportation jutsu, wanting to learn something like that himself or any jutsu in general that could help him improve.

The genin swiftly made their way to the roof. After introducing themselves to each other and Kakashi-sensei informing them of the success rate, their hearts were pounding. Nervous and anxious as ever to make it through.

"There'll be a survival test tomorrow at 5 am so bring all your needed weapons, oh and don't eat breakfast, you'll throw up." Kakashi-sensei announced before teleporting away, giving them no chance to respond or react.

The genin turned toward each other and sighed.

"I know you may not like this, but we need to work together tomorrow" Sakura stated, her stance confident but her voice held many sensitive emotions, Sasuke thought.

"I have no objection to that" Naruto agreed.

"I don't need you idiots holding me back" Sasuke arrogantly said, his fists balled into his pockets as he lifted his chin to look down at them.

"Don't underestimate us, Teme. Besides we all need any help we can get if we're going to survive this test, he's a jounin." Naruto argued, crossing his arms and throwing a penetrating glare at Sasuke.