Part 42

"OIIIII!" Naruto yelled at the top of his lungs as he smashed into the clan house "I'm back!" He finished casually before noticing his team with irk marks on their foreheads, glaring at him.

He chuckled sheepishly but walked closer so that he could say a proper hello.

"Good to have you back, kid" Kakashi greeted with a smile whilst Sakura hugged the blonde and Sasuke gave him a fist bump.

As the three sat before Kakashi, around the kitchen table, Naruto noticed a lone file drawing his attention to what it could be.

Before he could even question it, Sasuke glanced at him "It's the file, To, I'll finally be able to understand why...why" Sasuke couldnt bring himself to finish his sentence as his emotions became stronger but there was no need as Naruto understood immediately.

The blonde narrowed his eyes at the file, curiosity taking hold of him as well as the other two.

Kakashi sighed at his charges, bringing their attention to him "before we continue, it's important we keep a straight head over the information in this file. I'm breaking almost every shinobi rule against our village right now by allowing this but I understand how much it means and I would also like to know what occurred but..." The Jounin paused "understand that the Hokage and the elders will keep information deemed too intense for others to comprehend under wraps. So don't be offended that they kept this from you. Whatever is in this, remember the village, it's people, is why we fight so hard every day. It's our home and we should always protect it" He finished with a serious look in his eyes.

He waited a moment for his words to sink into the genin's minds and his own.

He didn't know what he'd find but he hoped nothing drastic would change after they all processed the information.

"Hai sensei, no matter what. My dream will always be to become Hokage. No matter what the village has done or its leaders, I'll be the one to change it. Believe it!" Naruto, with maturity and wisdom beyond his years, spoke up with a determined glint in his eyes.

"Hai, and I'll support the Hokage and it's people with my medical ninjutsu, so that whatever happens to the village or whatever the village puts itself through - I'll be able to heal it." Sakura grinned with the same glint.

Sasuke stared at the other two with an unsure look in his eyes. He closed his eyes, thinking, before opening them to look up at his sensei.

"I can't tell what I'll do or feel after looking at the file's contents..." he paused, seeing his teammates faces falter "but, Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi-sensei's dreams for the future are my own. I'll support it even if I need to step to the side to find my own path, I'll always come back" Sasuke stated truthfully and though some of it worried the team, they felt the sincerity in his words and all smiled happily at him which caused a blush to appear on the young Uchiha's featured.

"Are you blushing, Teme?" Naruto asked with a chuckle.

Sasuke turned and glared heavily at Naruto, blush completely gone from his cheeks "Don't you have a plushie to talk to?" He smugly stated, bringing up Naruto's not-so-secret secret that he sleeps with a frog plushie.

"Ooooh" Sakura brought her hand to her mouth as she looked between the two.

"You guys are idiots" Kakashi hung his head at his team.

"Let's do this" The Jounin announced, bring the three from their banter.

Everyone became serious as Kakashi flipped the front cover over to reveal Itachi's face.

Sasuke's first tightened upon seeing him but paid close attention, along with the others, as the information below the picture revealed the events leading up to the Uchiha massacre.