Part 14

To say Kakashi was in trouble would be a severe understatement.
As soon as the jounin slipped a foot past the doorway, he was faced with a room full of people he really did not want to deal with, his kids were at home and in a vulnerable state and this little parade of nonsense the higher-ups were throwing was annoying the man to the extreme.

Asuma and Kurenai had raced ahead of Kakashi while he talked to his charges and joined the room of idiots. The Hokage, the only man in the room that's not an idiot, the council consisting of the village elders, Homura Mitokado, Koharu Utatane and Danzo Shimura sat in a dome position next to the Hokage. Asuma and Kurenai stood off to the side with Ibiki Morino and a nervous Iruka Umino.

Kakashi subtly rolled his eye at the two lovebirds who looked as though they just won the grand prize. The other jounin, excluding Gai, used to be good friends of the man but over the years, his detached behaviour had annoyed them to no end and thus created a string of tension between the lot. Might Gai was the only person always standing by Kakashi's side and never doubting the male. He truly felt grateful for his support and felt if he didn't have people like the Hokage and Gai, Kakashi would've gone rogue a long time ago. He was never really loyal to the village, only to the Hokage. He owed the people nothing and they had treated him with less respect than he deserved simply because his father was a failure, which he did not believe. Kakashi had prevented multiple wars between Konoha and other villages yet the members of his village acted like he killed innocent children. He couldn't understand why and didn't know what to do so he simply left it be and detached himself from the group.

The Hokage had of course known the white wolf's feelings about Konoha but hoped to change his heart so that Kakashi could take his true role in the village and become its next Hokage.

"I wasn't expecting an audience" Kakashi lazily stated, keeping his eye only on the Hokage, therefore, ignoring everyone else's existence, it was not unnoticed.

The old man behind the burgundy old desk puffed on his tobacco pipe, feeling the tension in the room rise as soon as the white-haired man arrived.

"Team 7 is quite fascinating to most of us. Not to mention you have the last Uchiha heir and the Kyuubi on your team, the village has expectations for them. High expectations." Danzo collectively stated, intertwining his fingers.

The idea of his students as an experiment or an entertaining show for the village angered Kakashi greatly, though the man did not show his emotions as he stood impassively, his eye still firmly on the Hokage.

The old man swallowed as the tension kept rising. "Mahh - your team was successful I take it?" He finally mumbled, hoping to dissolve some of the threatening aura.

"Hai. We obtained the scroll" he said and chucked the parchment over to the Hokage who easily caught it. The man looked at the contents of the scroll and hummed to himself before throwing it over to Ibiki.

Ibiki Morino was the head of the torture and interrogation division, a cruel and cold man with scars laced across his face. He was either angry at everything and anything around him or sadistically cruel. The few moments when he is around the Hokage, the tall brooding man appears impassive but Ibiki is a very calculating and dangerous man. The male was nothing but a thorn in his toe for Kakashi Hatake but for most ninja, the man was death itself.

Said male, stared at the contents of the scroll before concealing it into his leg pouch and disappearing from the room, obviously not welcomed and not needed for the discussion about to take place.