Part 12

Team 7 gathered beneath the large oak tree in the backyard of their clan home.

Over the past week, Naruto and Sasuke had bonded tremendously, acting as brothers would and never leaving each other's side. Though it seemed neither had realized it but they had reversed to only talking to either each other or their teammates. Competition was still a high priority for the boys but was mostly friendly banter and actually helping each other.

Sakura had bonded with her team all the same but kept her focus more on her studies as she loved reading her books and had secretly read the first few chapters of Kakashi's 'Romance book'. To say the least, Kakashi had caught her as she was red in the face standing just outside his study where he kept his precious collection of naughty satisfactions.

He had, of course, punished her and made her pick weeds every day for a particularly nasty old lady the whole week but also subtly slipped Sakura a copy of her very own, which came with a note stating 'Don't let anyone see you read this until you're another three years older'.

Sakura had to admit, her Sensei was awesome.

The trio had progressed, not only as shinobi of Konoha but as a team. Kakashi was proud of them but it was time to call it as it was and turn their chins to the real world.

They had perfected all Jutsu's he's thrown at them and still craved more but for him to teach his skills to his charges, they had to prove they were worthy first. After all, the genin were training under the legendary ninjutsu specialist of Konoha, the copycat ninja, Kakashi of the Sharingan not to mention the genin were classed as the 7th team. Great pressure were thrown onto their shoulders as soon as they became ninja.

"Listen closely" Kakashi started, deciding it time to teach them a lesson on their beloved village.

The trio stared up at their guardian and listened closely.

"All three of you need to learn the truth about the real world, about the ninja out there and the truth about our village" he stated, surprising the genin.

"When you were teamed up at the academy, you were chosen to balance each other out" he explained.

"We already know this sensei, Naruto had the worst scores, Sasuke had the highest and I was second" Sakura calmly explained whilst Naruto glowered at her.

Kakashi held up his finger in the motion to be quiet, shutting Sakura up instantly "Let me finish now" he chuckled "Out of all the other students in your class, there were about three other students for each of you that would've suited and balanced out this team better".

"Hn!" "Wha-!" No way!" Each exclaimed.

"Tell me, why do you think they didn't properly balance out the teams?" Kakashi questioned, making himself comfortable against the backyard oak tree behind him whilst his kids sat around him.

"If they fully balanced out the teams, there must be at least one team not balanced... So they had to make a system to balance all out" Sakura thought out loud. Kakashi looked at her before glancing over to Sasuke who had chosen to speak up as well "they wanted to strengthen any weaknesses in the students so they stuck them with others who don't cater to their full expertise to advance their skills" the boy said looking up at the leaves in deep thought.
Naruto scratched his head and hummed quietly. Kakashi turned to the blonde, wondering if he'd have a response too "they're dumb?" He simply said, cackling sheepishly.