Part 25

Team 7 tensed and shifted into defensive stances faster than any Chuunin would've been able to see or do.

Their backs facing each other as they made a circle, covering every opening they could whilst they tried to pinpoint the enemies location.

Sasuke used his senses to push his sight further while secretly using the sharingan. His eyes were cast downward so that the enemy couldn't see if they were in front of him.

The Uchiha's eyes widened a fraction as he sensed a massive Chakra not far from them and more importantly, in Sasuke's direction.

He signalled his teammates to come around and stand with him which they quickly did.

The three genin's glares and bloodlust filled the air quickly, hoping to push the enemy out by intimidation but it didn't seem to work, let alone make the enemy flinch. Sasuke could tell if they made a single move but they just stood there. Well...a person. Just one person.

"I don't understand" Sasuke muttered, a deep frown etched into his eyebrows.

"What is it, Ke?" Naruto questioned, the kind smile just moments before now replaced with a serious scowl.

"There's someone up ahead but...their Chakra...it's massive" Sasuke explained, his eyes widened with shock.

"Massive Chakra? Why would they allow someone above genin level to enter?" Sakura questioned aloud what everyone thought.

"I don't think they did.." Sasuke growled with a glare and tensed up as he noticed the person coming toward them now.

An eerie silence fell over the forest for what felt like minutes but was really only a few moments, until bushes were rustled and twigs were snapped.

The unknown, clearly not worried about hiding themselves anymore, stepped from the shadows of the trees and revealed themselves.

'Hn'

The unknown ninja looked to be a woman but something told Sasuke that all was not as it seemed.

"Hello" The ninja said, almost casually.

Their only response were deadly looks that could possibly give baby ducks a heart attack.

After a long pause, the ninja lowly began to chuckle which progressively changed into a loud cackle.

It unnerved the trio but they kept their poker face and stances firm.

"Are you afraid of Death?" The woman suddebly questioned, her manic laugher halting.

"No"

The woman seemed slightly surprised to hear the confidence in the voice of a certain blonde.

"No you say?"

Without giving an answer, Naruto stood firm with his teammates and knew they felt the same.

Kakashi sensei had beaten the fear of the unknown out of them long ago and the blonde couldn't think of any other moment where he hasn't felt more greatful to the man.