Part 40

"I don't care what you say! If you don't let me see my sensei...you'll regret it." A certain pink haired female threatened with a dark glare on her usually calm features.

"I already told you, didn't I? No one is getting into this room, especially you" The Jounin guarding Kakashi Hatake's room scowled down at the genin.

It wasn't every day someone got to protect the famous copycat ninja and this spiky-haired Jounin would do a damn good job of it even if it was from his own stude-

A sudden thud interrupted the atmosphere and not a moment later, Sasuke casually walked up to Sakura who was staring down at the unconscious Jounin with a sweatdrop.

"Some Jounin." Sasuke rolled his eyes as he simply stared down at him with his hands in his pockets.

"Ke!, there was no need for that." Sakura scolded with a frown on her brows but quickly dismissed the boy and stepped over the Jounin to get into her Sensei's room.

Sasuke sighed softly and followed after his impatient teammate.

As the two stepped into the famous Jounin's room, their eyes widened at the number of people already sitting around his bed.

"Well well well, what are you guys doing here? No one is allowed in here apart from us" Asuma stated with a bored tone as he slumped over a chair at the end of the bed.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at the man and took notice of Kurenai and Guy standing close to the bed as if they were looking down at it moments before.

"We're here to see our sensei. If there's a problem, I'm sure we can sort something out" Sakura gave a closed-eyed smile just like her sensei would always give.

Sasuke, on the other hand, simply glared dangerously at the three - watching for any sudden movements.

Asuma chuckled and Guy grinned while Kurenai narrowed her eyes at the two "relax, you two." She stated with a sigh "we aren't the enemies" she turned back to the silver-haired male and frowned "but I'm sure you know who the enemy was... Sasuke" Kurenai muttered while shooting the young Uchiha a side glance although no reaction could be seen from the boy.

Sakura simply frowned at the woman but remained silent as her teammate was. Instead, the pinkette moved forward and pushed past the Jounin by Kakashi's bed.

She came up to his face and reached down to touch his forehead. Sasuke slowly walked up a little more and kept his eyes on his sensei, wondering what madness Itachi was putting him through. After a moment, Sakura pulled back and grimaced "There's nothing we can do for him now".

And with that, the pinkette turned and walked out of the room. The three Jounin stared after her, a little perplexed by what just happened. From what they could tell, Sasuke hadn't yet informed her about Naruto being on his way to get the famous medical ninja so her disregard for her Sensei's state was a little unnerving.

Sasuke didn't say anything and simply walked out after the girl, leaving the three with more questions than before.

"Ra" Sasuke called after the pinkette as they jumped across the rooftops.

She stopped on the academy rooftop, their first meeting spot as a team, but didn't face him causing the Uchiha to scowl.

He reached his hand up and gently clutched her shoulder. Unfortunately for the boy, that was all it took for the genin to let out soft, silent, tears of sorrow. Her hair shadowed over her eyes as she dropped her head.

"Wh-What happened?" She breathed, trying to calm herself down.

Sasuke had yet to let go of her shoulder and at the moment, it was the only amount of comfort he could offer after being so emotionally shaken himself.