Part 33

"Why are we...tch...being punished?" Naruto grumbled, spitting out small amounts of blood in between heavy breaths.

Sakura's brow was covered in sweat as she concentrated heavily on using her medical ninjutsu to heal the large gash on Naruto back while he was kneeled on the ground, panting heavily. The pinkette found it easier to heal the blonde since he'd chosen to wear some of Sasuke's tighter clothes in order for his normal clothing to withstand this training. Naruto's puffy orange jacket would've only gotten in the way at the moment.

Sasuke stood nearby the two, keeping a lookout though he was in no better condition as his hand twitched with the large, deep, wound on his palm. His forehead was covered in blood, much like Naruto's, as their Sensei decided to go over some harsh training in order for them to get back up to the level he thought they should be.

It wasn't a death-threatening ordeal for the trio but it surely was difficult. Any other Genin or even Chuunin wouldn't be able to survive this type of training.

Sakura groaned softly as her arms shook with exhaustion. She was, luckily, not covered in as much blood as the boys, they'd purposefully pushed her out of the way last minute for many of the Jounin's attacks.

She was grateful but beyond pissed off at them.

"We can't stay here" Sasuke warned, his Sharingan-activated eyes shifting all around the forest they'd decided to hide in. Originally the battle started early in the morning on the training grounds most commonly used by shinobi.

It very quickly escalated to the three students fleeing from their Sensei into the forest, a long way from the training ground.

Naruto huffed and groaned in pain as he gently shook of Sakura's healing hands and stood up, a grimace fixed on his face.

"To, Be careful" Sakura murmured while helping him up.

The blonde clicked his tongue and glanced at the girl before staring straight at Sasuke who was already observing the boy with his Kekkei Genkai.

"He's right, we can't stay here. We need a plan"

"A plan? I thought we had a plan? Run!" Sakura snapped, her concern for her teammates had taken control of her logical mind a while ago.

"Ra! We need you to focus" Sasuke scolded, his glare illuminating his red eyes.

Sakura sucked in a hasty breath and held it, trying to calm herself down "You're right. I'm sorry"

Naruto smiled at the pink-haired girl with ease "Don't worry so much, Ra, as long as we are together. We'll be fine" Naruto assured.

Though the trio didn't realize their Sensei had already found them some time ago and was using his chakra to dumb it down to that of an animal's chakra, which meant Sasuke could notice him but not see him.

The older male smirked as he jumped into action and threw extremely well-placed and well-timed kunai between the three, separating them. Oh, the irony of their situation.

He created four clones, two going for Sasuke and two going for Sakura while the real Kakashi went after Naruto.

Naruto grunted in pain as kunai after kunai kept coming at him, some grazing him and some embedding themselves into his skin.

He started to panic as he noticed Sasuke and Sakura fighting to get to him as he was the most injured but ultimately kept being driven back and further away from their teammate. Naruto kept fighting until he was so deep in the forest, that only the dark shadows of the lonely trees overlooked his bloody self.