Part 22

Team 7 stepped into, what could only be called, a lion's den.

All eyes were on them and none seemed too pleased. The hatred and challenge in the air could suffocate a child instantly.

"That's worrisome" Sakura muttered, eyeing the opponents.

Sasuke seemed unfazed by the attention and focused his eyes instead on the big group of genin approaching them.

Naruto grinned and sent a cheeky wink to the group only causing more glares.

"Naruto! You Baka! Are you trying to get us all killed?!" Ino screeched loudly and if someone didn't know there was a group of genin at the back, they did now.

Naruto ignored her and looked to Hinata. He seemed to recall the girl having a crush on him and now that he wasn't completely head over heels for Sakura, he remembered his moments with the blue-haired girl.

Ino immediately noticed Sasuke looking cool and calm along with Sakura to his side making small comments about everything.

"SASUKE!! Oh, my Sasuke! I missed you so much! Beat it billboard brow!" Ino squealed and clung to Sasuke before growling at Sakura.

The pinkette simply raised an eyebrow while Sasuke slowly unlatched the girl from himself and stepped back with Sakura. Both said nothing as they were too worried about how loud everyone was being.

Kiba came up to Sasuke and made a snide remark to which the Uchiha waved off, surprising the few genin around him.

Shikamaru groaned "Troublesome" He crossed his arms.

Naruto tuned the group out and instead went to stand next to Hinata. The shy girl instantly grew red upon seeing the blonde approach.

"Hey Hinata" he gave a warm smile.

Said girl grew inhumanly red "H-Hi N-Naruto-Kun"

Naruto's grin grew wider as he started having a mostly one-sided conversation with her.

It wasn't long before a silver-haired boy came up to the group and warned them to keep it down.

Naruto immediately stopped his conversation, as did his teammates.

The three glared over at the newcomer, completely untrusting of him. Kakashi-sensei had warned them not to trust anyone in these exams even their own friends and they'd stick to that.

The trio, along with the other genin's, circled around the boy known as Kabuto whilst he started explaining how he got information through a stack of chakra filled cards.

Sasuke saw an opportunity to get information on the enemy even if they were conversing with another enemy.

"I've got three names." He cooly stated, crossing his arms and gaining the attention of the group instantly.

Naruto made a slightly sour face at how popular he was, it seemed the blonde always forgot about his status in the village when it was just them.

"Suna no Gaara"

"Aww, you know their names? Well, that's no challenge for me" Kabuto smugly stated and poured chakra into his cards before turning it over to reveal the red-haired boy's picture.