Part 31

The pleasant sound of a gentle song being hummed silently by Konoha's smartest genin was what villagers in the area woke up to. Her wake-up call was welcomed by all as more and more woke up from her song whilst she walked down the, near, empty streets of Konoha's outer routes. 

"Oi! Shut up!" 

Well...almost all.

Though this only caused the genin to hum louder with a more upbeat song. She grinned at the groan that followed as she changed beat. 

'Let's see...The boys have probably already started their training and here I am - Disrupting the peace in the village...- Oh geez, I'm turning into Naruto' Sakura thought. Her inner-self screaming in panic while running around inside her vast imagination. 

A sudden clanking noise from beyond the bushes to the left caught the pinkette's attention. Sakura furrowed her brows as she quietly jumped into the trees for coverage and hid her chakra.

With no beginning thought of what the noise would turn out to be, she jumped forward - toward the growing sound. 

'What the hell...?' She thought to herself, her inner self for once in sync with her, as she stared down at the bodies layered across a small patch of open space hidden within the forest.

As strange as it was to discover bodies in the leaf village's forest, the weirder part was seeing the Sand Village headbands on their foreheads. 

Sakura scanned the area for potential threats but only felt the small chakra signatures of wild animals in hiding. She jumped from her high perch, into the bloody scene. 

The genin was quick to feel the corpses for any pulses but found none. The only thing she could tell from their bodies and their dried blood is that they've been laying here for a while.

"This doesn't make sense..." She mumbled to herself, deeply frowning at the scene.

Only when she turned to head back to the village center, where the Hokage tower was, did the pinkette notice a small piece of cloth stuck to the branches heading toward the village. 

Sakura studied the cloth for a moment before carefully lifting it from its restrained environment and turning it over. 

"Wha-!" She gasped, dropping the material. 

The cloth silently landed on the ground with the shocking news faced upward.

"I have to tell Sasuke and Naruto!" Sakura urgently stated before grabbing the material again and jumped away into the shadows of the forest.

_____

"Ahhhh-Ya!" The thrilling sound of an Uchiha heir sounded throughout the battlefield.

A loud smash followed almost immediately after. Rocks came loose from its original boulder, shattering into tiny pieces and littering the desert-like field.

Sasuke heaved heavily, his chest reaching out desperately for oxygen to force back into his lungs.

His legs felt like the noodles in Naruto's ramen, begging to give up. Even with his characteristically strong willed mind, the genin's body could only persevere for so long before needing mercy.

His hands shook as if he hadn't eaten in days, in reality, he had lunch about two hours ago. Small bursts of blue lighting surrounded those shaky hands every few seconds.

"I think that's enough for today, Sasuke" The lazy voice of his Sensei called out to him.

"Hn..." Said genin grunted, unable to speak as his breath kept running from him.