Part 20

Chuunin exams.

Kakashi battled with himself internally whether to prolong the genin's possible promotion or let them rise to the opportunity.

It was no secret, team 7 was dangerous. It was known to all the kids and ninja of their generation and most tended to stray clear from their path, especially the nine tails. The villagers were ever restless knowing the jinjuuriki was in such a deadly team, most whispered he was the reason the team was so feared.

The higher up shinobi respected team 7 for their performance done in the field, Kakashi being the most respected and feared of the four.

The title 'Friend Killer' had all but vanished from his life yet the villagers wouldn't stop there just yet. Rumours were being spread that the jounin was preparing the genin, training them to be his own personal weapon and who wouldn't believe that when you have an Uchiha and a Jinjuuriki on your team. Sakura Haruno had also made a name for herself, just as the boys had, she was best known for her talent in medical ninjutsu and her inhuman punches.

The four is said to be a prodigy team as all the members were just that in their own special skills. Though with such a title came great responsibility and expectations.

Kakashi often wondered if the pressure was too much for his genin but they always proved him wrong when they persevered through the hardships and battled through anything, together.

The silver-haired man breathed out a sigh. He stood in front of the KIA stone, a blue polished and aciculate monument.

Often he'd come out to the stone to talk to his fallen friends and comrades, also the main reason why he's usually late.

Whilst the jounin was in deep thought, a figure appeared next to him and looked down at the stone. Both stood in silence for a minute in respect for the fallen.

The thinly shaped figure turned to Kakashi. "Aren't you meant to be with your team, Kakashi?" The low smooth voice of a woman questioned.

Said man turned to face his friend "Hai. I was just heading out." He said with a bored tone "what about you, Kurenai?"

The red-eyed kunoichi gave a small smile "We just finished training actually, I've set them up for some D-ranks. Should keep them busy for a while" she chuckled.

Kakashi simply stated at her, still wondering why she bothered him.

"Hm... Well, I'll be off then" The man stated and began walking.

"O-Oi! Wait a second." Kurenai ran after him. Kakashi sighed and turned back to her.

"Are you entering your team in the chuunin exams? It's expected and everyone is raving on about it" she curiously asked.

"Maybe"

Kurenai stared at the Jounin's back in confusion, he'd been acting so strange recently and she couldn't quite pinpoint what the problem was.

"He's always got problems" she whispered to herself before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Kakashi felt her presence vanish and gave an eye roll at the sky. He knew she was a gossiper and would no doubt go to everyone asking what his problem was, just another thing to add to his problems.