Part 36

"Something's not right." Sakura narrowed her eyes as she eyed the shifting cloaks of ANBU, it almost looked as though they were preparing for something.

"Agreed" Naruto muttered but his eyes were glaring over at the Hokage's stand. The two higher-ups were discussing something while casting suspicious eyes at the other.

"Something's about to happen. Be Careful" Kakashi spoke up between the two, startling them. The Jounin's eyes had already noticed the strange things going on around them but was more worried about the match taking place beneath them.

Gaara had encased himself in a dome of sand and Sasuke's hand was currently stuck in it after he just used the Chidori Kakashi had taught him. A blood-curling scream suddenly rang out and Sasuke struggled to rip his hand from the dome.

Luckily, just as a massive hand made of sand reached out to grab the Uchiha, he broke free and jumped away from it.

It was at that moment that the civilians and some of the lower level shinobi lulled off to a dreamless sleep. A flow of sand and sound ninja suddenly sprung out from the shadows of ANBU cloaks, attacking Konoha shinobi where they stood.

Team 7 was quick to jump into action and cut down all enemy nin that stepped in their path.

Kakashi swiped down a ninja before glancing at his team. They seemed to be fairing well but Sasuke was struggling with the, still, aggravated Gaara.

"Kakashi! The Hokage!" Gai announced as he jumped next to the Jounin. The two looked up to find a massive purple barrier around the Hokage's tower, keeping him in and by the looks of it...Orochimaru.

He could only hope the Hokage would see past his old feelings for the rogue Sannin and put a stop to him.

Though he doubted it.

"Naruto. Sakura. Get down there and help Sasuke lead him out of the village. He's a Jinchuuriki, he cannot be released!" Kakashi yelled his order at the two genin who were aimlessly killing enemy ninja.

None of them noticed the disturbed looks they got from team 10 and 8 though the teams were also fighting - they weren't killing.

"Hai!" The two affirmed and rushed past their sensei, down to the arena and landing next to Sasuke. He glanced at the two before giving his attention to Gaara again.

"Orders from Sensei." Sakura muttered while glaring down at the enemy with a kunai raised.

"Lead the Jinchuuriki out of the village before it's released" Naruto stated. It pained him to say it and it pained him even more that a village would use his own kind like this but now was not the time to think about it. It was time to act on the wellbeing of his village and its people.

Naruto glanced up at the Hokage's tower with worried eyes. 'Please don't die...Jiji'

"Very well" Sasuke grunted, bringing Naruto back to the matter at hand.

The trio jumped back as Gaara used his sand to create spikes up from the ground.

"Hn!"

"It'll be difficult getting close to him" Sakura commented with a frown.

"Well, we'll figure out how to later. For now, we need to get him away from the village" Naruto grunted before throwing kunai at the boy. The sand blocked it, of course, But Gaara's attention was now Naruto.

"Guess it's gonna me" Naruto glared at the sand nun "You two find the others. No doubt there'll be enemies on our tail" Naruto ordered, receiving a nod from his two teammates.