Part 2

It was an early morning in the village of Konoha. The markets were bristling with crowds of rich and poor civilians. Every tradesman had a price to offer for both.

The three students of Kakashi Hatake, team 7 were sat together watching the commotion from a nearby roof.

This was their first mission, watch over the market area and if they encountered any pickpocket thieves, reprimand them. Easy enough. The only pickpockets around here were orphaned children.

Their first mission wasn't supposed to be this but sensei thought it appropriate as well as a training exercise.

The genin sat in a deep, comfortable silence. No one had said a word other than the usual 'ohayo'. Kakashi-sensei was somewhere in the crowd, picking at dead fish from nearby trade stands.

The kids watched him in amusement as their sensei seemed fascinated by something like that, though they knew never to underestimate their jounin sensei. He had a reputation after all.

Sakura had done her own research into the man and found he had been in the Anbu black ops a few years back, not to mention he was widely known across the nations and in the bingo book, he's known as a legend.

The other two heard this from their pink haired friend and decided to take more cautious steps around him. Which of course, he noticed.

Kakashi was going to start their training soon, but before that, he needed to distinguish their level of skill in a number of different situations. Of course, they were hardly of genin level at the moment. No matter how cool they liked to act.

A small female child, no older than six skipped along the crowded street in an upbeat manner. Her hair brown as the mud she trampled on, her clothes tattered, giving away she was merely an orphan. This orphan was also hungry it seemed as she skipped up to a fruit vendor and sneakily snagged herself an apple before running away, throwing away the happy facade she played moments before.

Sasuke was the first to see the child and acted accordingly. He signaled his teammates to where the girl had run off to, into a dark alleyway.

The three jumped off the roof and stood Infront the alley "of course, it had to be a dark and mysterious alleyway" Sakura stated with distaste. 

"Hn, scared?" The Uchiha teased, though hard to tell with his face mirroring a stone statue.
"Are you? You haven't gone in there either" Naruto backed Sakura up, a smug smirk plastered on his face as he turned to Sasuke who looked ready to lay a few punches in him.

"Enough. Let's not waste any more time" the pink haired girl ordered, her voice stern while her eyes narrowed, adjusting to the dark as she looked into the alley.

"Let's go" Sasuke muttered and sprinted into the darkness, his teammates following close behind with little hesitation.

The group flung left and right as more alleyways appeared before them. Finally emerging from a particularly darker alley than the rest, they found themselves in a fairly large clearing.

The homeless and drugged up rejects lay across worn and ripped futons.

Carefully sidestepping the few who laid in their way. Naruto spotted the same brown-eyed girl who stole the apple.