Part 15

Naruto awoke and yawned, he rubbed his eye and peered over to the sleeping brunette next to him, cuddled up to his pillow with drool carelessly falling from the corner of his wide open mouth. The girl of their team lay peacefully on the other side of Naruto but in perfect form. Not a hair was out of place and her blanket was exactly the same as when she had gone to sleep, hardly a crinkle in it. Naruto made quick work, just in case, to stare at her chest for a minute. Although he enjoyed the view, it was purely genuine concern he had for her to make sure she was still breathing since a person would normally move an inch at least during the night.

The blonde's cheeks grew a red hot as a not-so-innocent thought crossed his mind. After confirming the girl to be alive, he swiftly shook himself of such thoughts and stretched out his limbs. Naruto abandoned his blanket and made his way to the bathroom, getting himself ready for the day ahead.

Sasuke slowly woke from the sound of a shower running and glanced to his right, seeing his closer side empty and Sakura on the further right. 'Naruto must be in the shower then' he thought to himself groggily as he sat up and rubbed the sleep out his eye.

Many days the young sole heir of the Uchiha clan would wake up and feel the urging desire to break free from his restraints, his ties and bonds he'd effortlessly created but it seemed he couldn't bring himself to even think about leaving the village at this point. His team was keeping him stationed and Sasuke could tell they knew the thoughts that were swirling around in his head. He felt grateful they hadn't said anything and merely provided support, company, and friendship.

The raven-haired male went to the second bathroom and washed up, making himself ready for the day as Naruto was.

Sakura was the last of the three to awake and neatly folded her bright pink blanket she retrieved late last night. She stood up and glided to her room. The mornings were a painful routine for the girl, she'd get up, get washed and brushed up and then read a chapter from her copy of icha icha paradise before scornfully putting the book away and going down to the kitchen to eat a healthy dose of breakfast.

The pinkette hated leaving her book since it seemed every time she left it, something amazingly interesting would happen.

Naruto came out of the bathroom, hair wet and a towel hanging around his neck, his lower region covered with bright blue silky boxers. Sasuke, coincidentally, came out of the other bathroom with wet hair and a towel wrapped around his waist, his clothes were still in the room and he'd forgotten to bring some.

Naruto threw the towel around his neck, over his head and attempted to dry his ruffly blonde hair. Sasuke still had sleep in his eyes and rubbed at it, trying to rid himself of it once and for all. Neither boys noticed the other as they walked towards each other.

Naruto was the first to notice something wasn't right when he collided into Sasuke, his hand unconsciously draped over the Uchiha's chest. Both boys paused and looked at each other, redness covering their faces to the tips of their ears. They were far too close for comfort and to prove the thought, both slowly looked down and stared bug-eyed at Naruto's hand, still on Sasuke's wet chest.

Naruto screeched and pulled back his hand as if it were on fire whilst Sasuke stepped back, grunting in embarrassment.

Neither of the males had noticed Sakura to the side with a camera in hand, photo taken until she gurgled with laughter, alerting the boys.