Part 38

"Oi, baka. Wake up!" Sakura banged on the blonde's door, being woken up by his loud snoring.

"Don't bother, Sakura." The pinkette turned in surprise to find her sensei coming up the stairs with a tired look.

"Sensei...are you Ok?" She asked, seeing a hint of sadness behind his eye. Often times Kakashi would have this look but only when he looked at the village. Perhaps that's what was on his mind.

"I'm fine" he smiled and ruffled her hair as he walked past toward his room.

Sakura stared after her sensei but didn't linger as Naruto suddenly opened his door, dressed and seemingly in a hurry.

While in a hurry, the blonde didn't see the annoyed female before him and stopped an inch away from her nose as she practically used magic to stop him in his tracks. Or perhaps it was the angry and tired eyes staring back at him that made him wake up fully.

"Uh..."

"Baka!" Sakura yelled, red in the face, as she slammed his fist across his forehead. Unlucky for Naruto, he hadn't bothered to put his headband on yet and felt the shock of the hit full on.

The blonde flew back into his room and Sakura angrily slammed the door shut before going to her own room to dress for the day.

Naruto, presumably, went back to sleep.

___

"We were supposed to train with Gai today but I guess it can't be helped" Kakashi sighed as he leaned against the kitchen table while his charges were eating breakfast.

"Wha' chu mee' semnei?" Naruto asked with full mouth and a serious look on his face. It didn't quite match.

"You better close that mouth before I kick it off your face..."

"What was that, Ra?" Naruto asked as he swallowed the food.

Sakura looked up with a fake smile "I didn't say anything, To".

Kakashi sweatdropped at the girl and even Sasuke shuddered as her smile became a little too stretched while Naruto simply smiled back and continued eating.

"Why aren't we training with...
Gai?" Sasuke questioned. His face turned up with distaste as he said the name of the overdramatic male.

"Because, teams 8 and 10 have requested one more session with Sakura before she continued on with her own training." Kakashi explained.

Sasuke opened his mouth to retort "and since you're a team. This means your training won't progress until she can" Kakashi stated before the Uchiha could say anything. The Jounin gave a scary look, making the raven haired boy shiver.

The Uchiha was starting to realise just how messed up his team could be.

"Hn"

"Whatever!" Naruto exclaimed as he wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve, much to his teammates disgust.

"I'm going to go trai-uh...I mean hang out with Pervy Sage anyway" Naruto nervously laughed.

Kakashi glared at the boy and sighed. It couldn't be helped. The blonde was notorious for over training but then...so was Sasuke.

"Hmm, that sounds like fun. Sasuke, why don't you accompany your teammate and I'll come train with you soon?" Kakashi grinned while the two boys pouted.

Kakashi glanced to Sakura to see if she minded. She noticed the look and lightly shook her head with a smile. She'd be getting her training in after she was done with the two genin teams.