Chapter 2

Violet's p.o.v...
After that, I had to head home. I reached home at around 11pm and tip-toed to my room. As I did that, my dad came out from his room and saw me. Here we go again. I thought. "Why are you home so late?!" He shouted. "I have training! Please!" I shouted back, stomping off to my room. "Quit it!" He shouted again. "Urghh you just don't understand!" I shouted as loud as possible and slammed the door behind me. "You have no right to get mad! Just a heavy burden that nobody wants!" He shouted again and slammed the door. I cried. Mother and father divorced due to some reason and none of them wanted me. Father took me in the end but he hated me. What did I do? I thought as I sobbed.

The days after I met him were wonderful. We spent lots of time together like going to the theme park, taking silly selfies everywhere we go and went to lots of places in Singapore that I have never been before when I belonged here and it made me forget all the pain that I was an unwanted child...

Ring... Ring...
My phone rang. "Excuse me for a moment." I said to Ace as I loosened my hand that was with his and picked up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Violet, come home early to pack your things. We are going China tomorrow."
"What?! Why?"
"I have been sent to China for business matters and we might be staying there permanently or at least a few years."
"Bu-"
"Ok bye."
The call ended. "What happened?" Ace asked worriedly. "I am moving to China. Permanently or at least a few years." I explained as tears formed in my eyes. "What? No!" He exclaimed, pulling me into an embrace. "I am sorry but I have to go. He just doesn't understand." I apologised, crying. "Its ok. We can skype right?" He suggested reluctantly so as to comfort me. "What if you already have someone else when I come back?" I sobbed, hugging him tightly. "I don't want to lose you." I said. "Hey, I wouldn't... I will wait for you, even if it takes forever." He said. "Really?" I asked, pulling myself away to see his face. "Yes." He confirmed. Tears were still escaping and I looked at the floor. I didn't want to leave all these behind, espescially him. "Don't cry anymore." He said. "I will come back for visits when I have the time." I promised. "Deal." He said. "Lets go to the arcade. We haven't been there for a very long time." He said. I nodded as he wiped away my tears. Crazyness was the only word to describe the time spent in the arcade.

Time passes so fast no wonder people say it flies. He offered to walk me home and I agreed. It was my last day here with him. We arrived at my house and hugged each other tightly. "Keep your promise." He said. "I will." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks again. He smiled weakly and wiped away my tears. At this point of time, I really wanted to give him my first kiss. We might not be able to see each other after this but I didn't have the courage to do it. "Come in already!" My father yelled and I left reluctanly, crying again. I went into my room and continued crying. "Stop crying and pack your bags for gods sake!" He shouted. "I would if you stop shouting!" I screamed. "I would if you stop crying too!" He yelled. "Fine! You just don't understand!" I shouted. I took my luggage and stuffed it with my things, feeling so messed up. I will keep my promise. But you will have to keep yours too. I said to Ace mentally.

I woke up early to the airport and looked around for Ace. "Where is he?" I mumbled. My dad was talking on the phone like he always did. It was time for departure but I still don't see any sign of him. I was heart broken but boarded the plane with my dad. "I am trying to make a call here." He said sternly. I took my sit and put my earpiece on, gazing out of the window. We arrived at Chong Qing, China after hours of flight. My dad took me to a huge house in a car. He must have contacted the people he know already. I thought. I entered the house and it was beautiful. "We will be staying here." My dad spoke and went up to his room. I sighed and pulled the heavy luggage in myself. The room was huged and the curtains were teal, my favourite colour. Every thing in there was blue and teal and it really brightened up my mood.

I still feel sad that I left Ace and he didn't even see me off. I unpacked my things and walked into the walk in closet. "Huh?" It was filled with clothes already so I randomly picked one out. I looked at the shorts and pants and then realised they belonged to boys. I gasped and closed the closet. "Ok I should just leave it." I said to myself.

I went to the school my father applied for me and it was quite... I don't know how to say but its just messed up. There was no specific skirt and socks length, any type of earrings were allowed including piercings. I entered the class in the super short skirts with long sleeved blouse and a jacket I added as it was freezing cold and knee length socks. It was the basic uniform of the school and some girls even amended it to make it shorter. Geez, its the same as not wearing any skirt. I thought in my mind. It was already above my knee by at least 6 inches what more do they want? I sat down at my seat as my name was labelled there and others in the class were sitting on tables, blasting music over the speakers. Class started soon after I arrived. "We have someone new here today." The teacher said. I walked to the front and introduced,"H-hi. I am Violet." I said, trying to hide my shyness. "Ok lets welcome her." The teacher said and everyone applauded. I went back to my seat and the day continued.