Episode 21

Violet's p.o.v...
I strolled around the neighbourhood in tears. The whether was slowly getting colder as the night sky rose and I reached my hands into my pocket for warmth. My tears dried and had I stopped crying. I walked and walked and somehow ended up in the garden infront of the fountain where I used to go. I walked nearer to it and looked at my reflection. My mind imagined Xiao kai standing diagonally behind me for a moment and the image faded... My eyes watered up and droplets fell into the water radiacally. I looked up into the sky at the moon. I took off the necklace and held it in both hands tightly as I continued staring at the moon. I am sorry... I love you and I just want you back... I said in my mind as I clenched my chest. "I miss you..." I mumbled as I continued staring at the bright round moon. "Who are you missing so much?" A voice sounded from the back. I then turned around and saw Xiao kai.

"N-nobody."I stammered and sniffed,wiping my tears away. I took a deep breath but it didn't make me feel better from the pain of a broken heart. "I-I should be going home. Sorry for just now." I said and hurried towards the exit. A wave of energy held me back and something tightened around my waist and just below my neck. I then saw Xiao kai from my side vision. I felt a little happy but it vanished after a moment.You aren't thinking of me right now are you? I asked him in my mind as my eyes flooded with tears again. I tried to loosen his grisp but he just made it tighter. "S-stop." I said,feeling my voice going mute. He loosened a little and I quickly pushed him away and ran towards the exit. You won't forget me if you have missed me... I hate you... I said in my mind and tears couldn't stop flowing. "Violet!" He shouted again and I started running but he managed to grab my hand.

"Stop touching me if the one in your head isn't me!" I shouted to him and shook his hand off. "Sorry." He apologised. "Sorry I didn't recognise you." He apologised again. "I can forgive you for that but if you had remembered my existance the one beside you wouldn't be Angel." I said and ran back home.

I locked myself in the room as I snuggled under my blanket. "Violet!" A voice shouted from behind the door followed by several knocks. It continued for a while and I recognise that it was Xiao kai's voice. I heard the door opened after some ringing sounds of keys and then the door closed again. "Violet..." He said as he pulled me up from my bed after shaking me a little. "I am sorry." He said and pull me into a tight hug. I was crying as he hug me. I pulled away a little but he wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at me as I looked at the floor."Don't push me away. I love you." He said. "Angel is just a substitude because I miss you too much." He said. "But she is nothing like me." I argued. "She was. Not anymore. Her looks are very similar to you and has a very similar character when I first met her weeks ago. I almost mistook her for you." He explained again. "But why?" I asked. "Because you were going to get married!" He shouted. "I wasn't!" I said. "Who's that who you are sharing a room with?! Come to think of it,why are you sharing a room with him and even a bed when you found me?!"He asked with madness in his tone.

"Its my parents. We were engaged from the start until my parents divorced and I-" I explained half way and he interrupted,"So you knew you were engaged but continued to-" I interrupted him too saying,"I didn't!Only on the day when I left for new zealand did I know I was engaged." "Why are you still engaged now?" He questioned further. "The engagement broke off but my parents got us together again after the few months when we spent time with each other very often." I said. "So he really went to New zealand with you." Xiao kai murmured. "S-sorry..." I apologised. "But I love you! I came back to China to look for you and prove to my parents you are the one I want to be with only to find you with Angel." I explained again. "I am sorry too."He apologised after a moment of silence.He lifted my chin and dried my tears. He then leaned in as we kissed and he hugged me tighter. After we broke the kiss, I hugged him back.

We then walked down the stairs hand in hand. "Whats going on?" Angel asked when we walked down the stairs,eyes shining with enviousness and jealousness. "I have been trying to tell you this, you were just a substitude for her." Xiao kai said it so straightforwardly that it suprised me. "How am I not as good as her?!" She shouted. "I am every bit better than her!" She shouted and Xiao kai immediately argued,"You are nothing compared to her!" "I met him first so get your hands off him!" She shouted and came towards me trying to push me away but Xiao kai pulled me behind him before she could even reach me. "Thats enough from you!" He then shouted. "Urghhhhh!" She shouted as she stomped off. "Be careful of her." Xiao kai warned and I nodded. Finally this was all over...Not...

The next day after school...
I stepped out of the school gate and saw Angel there smiling sweetly at me. I bet there's something wrong so I tried to ignore her but she held me arm,"I am here to apologise for everything." I stared at her in shock and she continued,"Actually,you are my younger sister. I knew it a long time ago but I couldn't find you till' recently. Sorry." She then hugged me but before I could even say anything, something sharp plunged into my neck and I felt drowsy."My dear sister, just so you know, nobody takes away what I want."those words echoed as I blacked out.

I woke up feeling a little drowsy still and looked around. I was in a small room tied to a chair and my mouth was taped up with duck tape. "You are awake." Angel came in from the door as she smirked. She tore my duck tape off and hell it was painful! "What do you want?!" I demanded. "Your suffering. If I don't get him,nobody gets him either." She said. She held a kitchen knife as she moved around. "Lets see how he would like it when you bleed to death." She said. She slit my around my waist from one end to the other. I groaned in pain as she dialled on her phone. "Hey its me." She said flirtily. She on the speaker and I heard Xiao kai's voice,"Where is Violet?!" "She is safe with me here." She smirked. "Where is she?!" He shouted again. "For me to know and for you to find out." She said. "I want to hear her voice." He demanded again. She then walked closer to me and shouted,"Speak! Or I would let more blood out of you!" "Xiao kai?" I said in a soft voice. "What have she done to you?" He asked in a worried tone. "Damn you! Where are you know?! I swear I would mince you into pieces if she loses one strand of hair!" He shouted. "I am so touched... Not.." She replied with a smirk again.