2| Laced

"I can do this, trust me, I will not let you down," I said, reassuring the two vampires in front of me

    "Your father is a wise man. He will soon notice your plan to help us escape. The majority of the town is on the lookout for suspicious people leaving tonight." Frederick said.

    "He is far too busy with other affairs. You are not the only vampires in town."

    "Frederick you should stop doubting Isadora, she has gone through all this trouble to help us. She would not put herself at risk too." Henry said.

    I woke up sweating from my nightmare. I have not forgotten that day, September 25, 1864. It will forever haunt me. Frederick and Henry thought I betrayed them by making them believe I was saving them. I will never forget the disappointment and pain in their eyes when they were staked. I would always dream about events that occurred in the past, both happy and miserable. But lately, all I've been dreaming about were the bad ones.

    "Good morning sunshine," Kai smiled at the doorstep of my bedroom.

     "I thought you left," I said rubbing my eyes.

    "I did, but then I felt bad about the whole: I'll stab you with a knife if you don't shut up incident yesterday."

    "I highly doubt that a person like you would be sorry."

    "Now, now, there's no reason not to be nice. We wouldn't want the population of this world to go down by one now would we?" He asked, sitting at the foot of my bed.

    "I am not in the mood for your antics."

    "This prison world is antic free. I really am sorry Isadora. Come downstairs. I made breakfast." He stood up, giving me a smile before he left the room. 

    Despite my instincts telling me not to, I decided to take him up on his offer. I was starving. So after I brushed my tangled hair and my teeth, I entered the kitchen. There was bacon, pancakes and scrambled eggs laid out on the table. 

    "I'm no chef, but I'm pretty sure I'm on my way there," he said.

    I sat in front of him, immediately eyeing the bacon. A cup of coffee was placed next to my plate.

    "Why are you wearing that dress anyways? It looks like you came out of a history textbook."

    "I actually do not know; this was the dress I was wearing when I was sent into the 1867 prison world. But when I left, I was wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt."