11| Ashes

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

    I finished running more errands for Emily. She expected our pantry to be stocked with the food on the grocery list she provided before she left for Mystic Falls. Emily said she forgot special herbs for her spells.

    The streets of the French Quarter were empty today, which was out of the ordinary. It was only nine in the evening. There are usually crowds of people."Hello love," a voice with an accent behind me said. I knew it wasn't Kol.

    "Klaus," I said, turning around to face him. He had blood dripping from his mouth. We always seem to meet like this.

    "Seems like Kol has been telling you a lot about our family," he said.

    "Not as much as you may think, all I know is that he has a brother named Klaus and a sister named Rebekah."

    "Mikaelson."

    "Excuse me?" I asked, confused.

    "Our last name is Mikaelson, a name that should be feared," Klaus said. "Are you on vervain?"

    I nodded. I dare not defy this man who holds Kol's life in his hands. I was going to try to cooperate.

   "Then let's take a trip to our compound where you can meet Elijah," he said. Klaus grabbed me by the waist, and before I knew it, I was in front of the gates of their house. When the gates opened, there were two figures sitting down in the chairs beside a fountain.

    "Is that the famous Isadora?" A blonde haired girl asked I assumed she was Rebekah.

    "She won't be famous for long," Klaus said, dragging me up the stairs.

    "Niklaus, I suggest you keep her alive. I have never seen Kol this happy before."

    "Elijah, I did not bring her here to kill her. I am simply going to wait until the vervain is out of her system so I can compel her to forget us. We wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention from our dear father now, would we? I am merely keeping our family safe."

    "What about Kol?" Rebekah asked.

    "Kol will find another girl in the next century. These humans are replaceable," Klaus said. His grip on my arm started to burn; it hurt.

    "You are causing unnecessary problems between us, we need to be united against Mikael," Elijah said.

    "I am doing this for Kol, what if this human dies, we know what comes after that, hundreds of killing sprees, lashing out. I am just speeding up the process, and if Isadora herself refuses to be with Kol, the better."