18| Eclipse

I stared at the thick silver ring Kai gave me two days ago

    I stared at the thick silver ring Kai gave me two days ago. I have not taken it off since it was placed on my finger. I did not want to lose it.

    "Are you ready?" Damon asked, knocking on the door of Stefan's bedroom. Damon and Bonnie planned a birthday dinner for me tonight. They surprisingly let Kai tag along.

    "Yeah, I feel nervous, and I can't shake the feeling off," I admitted. When I was getting dressed, nervousness began to set in the pit of my stomach. My hands got sweaty, and my heart raced. Maybe it was because I was hiding my blooming relationship with Kai from Damon.

    "You never liked the attention, maybe that's why," Damon suggested. "But we need to celebrate your one hundred sixty-fifth birthday. It's not every day someone turns that age you know."

   "I wish Stefan was here." I straightened my black dress. I paired it with black flats, wearing the only jewelry I was accustomed to; a golden heart necklace and Kol's silver sun necklace.

   "We'll see him soon enough," Damon said. "I promise, now come on, they're waiting. I don't think Kai's the patient type."

    I bit my lip, "Damon, why don't you give him a chance? He's not what he seems. At first, I thought he was a psychopath, but there's so much more."

    "I'm not naïve and blind. I don't want to ruin this night for you that's why I let him come. Don't try to force Kai onto me."

    I nodded, "let's just go."

    We have been eating the food Bonnie prepared for us in silence

    We have been eating the food Bonnie prepared for us in silence. It meant a lot to me because this was the first birthday I spent with people.

   "I'll get the cake," Bonnie said, standing up from her chair. They brought us to the Mystic Grill to change up our surroundings.

    "So how exactly did you die?" I asked Damon for the first time. He explained he was sent here by Sheila Bennett when the other side was collapsing. 

    "I blew up this very place, we needed to kill the Travellers that took over the town," Damon said.

    Kai choked on his drink. "You're telling me you've killed people? That's really ironic. You don't want me to be with Isadora because I killed four people. Now Damon, how many people have you murdered?"