24| Lacrosse

Tonight was the night of Caden's lacrosse game

Tonight was the night of Caden's lacrosse game. But it wasn't actually a game that would count, it was for practice yet it was with another team. I didn't try to fully understand the concept of the word he used to describe it since I didn't care much about sports.

I cared about getting to New Orleans as soon as I could. So I thought of people who would be willing to drive me there. It was an empty list, only because I was friends with my brothers' friends. So they wouldn't allow me to leave without them knowing.

I didn't know if I should confront Stefan or Damon about it, they would probably say no to the road trip. I didn't even tell them about my new discoveries about Alice when they asked why I got detention on Tuesday. I said it was because I was talking to Caden about his lacrosse game. So now, they're coming to Caden's lacrosse game along with Elena.

The game wasn't going to start in another fifteen minutes, and in those minutes my opportunity of asking Stefan was going to fade. He was right beside me, eating the popcorn Damon compelled a student to buy for us. Stefan was eagerly watching the two sets of teams getting ready for the match, while I was freaking out on the inside.

"Lacrosse is for people who can't play football," Damon said as he sipped from his drink.

"Can you even play football?" Elena asked him.

"Yes Elena, I can play football." He whispered, "I can also compel people to do things for me."

"Noah was a nice kid, you didn't have to do that," I said.

"Then stop eating the popcorn," he yanked the bowl of popcorn I was munching on.

"Stefan," I said. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Are you busy this weekend?" I asked. I was terrified of his reaction. But if I could easily approach one of my brothers, it was Stefan.

"No, why?"

"Do you want to come to New Orleans with me?" I asked.

"What? Why do you want to go to New Orleans?" He asked, dropping the remainder of his popcorn onto the floor of the bleachers. The match was about to start because the band stopped playing and the players took their positions.

Throughout the whole match, I explained to Stefan what Alice was and what happened on Tuesday during detention while I tried to pay attention to the game. He didn't react as bad as I thought he would. He was willing to accompany me. I told him it was a way of finding the Claire he knew, but in reality, I wanted to go to New Orleans to find Davina Claire so I could ask her to help me free Kai. As long as Damon stays put in Mystic Falls, my plan will succeed without anyone knowing my true motives.