10| Grave Peril

I rolled on my side to look at the handsome dark-haired man lying next to me

    I rolled on my side to look at the handsome dark-haired man lying next to me. He made me smile. He reached forward and placed his hands on my cheeks; his cold rings felt nice against my skin.

    I moved closer to him, pecking his lip, "good morning to you too." He said.

    "Good morning Kai," I greeted, as he opened his eyes.

    "My girlfriend is absolutely stunning. How lucky am I?"

    "Very lucky, but I will love you more if you make me breakfast," I said as I played with his hair.

    "Sure thing, do you want me to omit the vervain in your coffee?" He asked smiling widely.

    "You are so funny, Malachai Parker." I glared at him, remembering the first morning we spent together. He thought I was a vampire, so he laced my coffee with vervain.

    I opened my eyes from my dream, sitting up, but then I came in contact with someone's forehead, Kai. "I know I'm funny," he said, moving away from me. "You murmur in your sleep."

    "What did you hear?" I asked, terrified. It would be the end of me if he knew I dreamed of him. I dreamed about Kai at least twice a week, and it was full of fantasies of us.

    "Just that you called me funny, do you dream about me?" He asked; grinning.

    "Yeah just today, you were threatening to kill me with a fork, so I said you were funny." I lied. "Now, why were you creepily hovering over me while I was sleeping?"

    "That's what you do when you're madly in love with someone," he said. "Anyways, what are your plans for today?"

    It took Kai a month and a half to speak with me again; it was May 19, 2014. I have been in the 1994 prison world for 139 days. I promised myself that if the witches do not release by January 1, 2015, I will kill myself. I do not know what method to use, but I have plenty of time to decide. I was thinking of killing myself beside my brothers' graves in the cemetery.

    I beamed with joy as a realization hit me. "I'm going to the cemetery! I'm going to the cemetery!" I yelled, hopping out of bed.

    "Why are you so happy about visiting dead corpses?" Kai asked.

    "For months since we saw this house, I have been searching for clues about my brothers because I thought they were alive. My gut instincts are telling me they are. I cannot believe I did not think of visiting the Mystic Falls cemetery." 

    If my brothers were alive, they would not be buried at the cemetery. I need to search for their names and continue to cling onto hope.

 I need to search for their names and continue to cling onto hope