6| The Siphoner

Kai has not spoken a word to me for two weeks, but he lurks around, watching me

    Kai has not spoken a word to me for two weeks, but he lurks around, watching me. It is already March 1, marking the two months I have been here for. When are the Bennett witches going to realize they sent me here by mistake? Every day that passes is a day closer to my insanity.

    Just as I reached the end of the street, my bike tripped over a thin wire that was tied between two trees on opposite sides of the road. I fell on the ground, scraping my hands and knees.

    "Someone should really have gotten rid of that nasty wire," Kai appeared from behind a parked car on a driveway.

    "I agree. It should be removed by the person who put it there." I sat down on the pavement, looking at my elbows. I need to treat this.

    "Well, it wasn't meant for you," he paused. "Who am I kidding? It was totally meant for you, and you fell for it, literally."

    I did not want to deal with him. I am just going to go find a clinic so I can get some gauze. I picked up my bike.

    "Where are you going? This isn't over."

    "I am pretty sure it is, I am bleeding and not just externally. You win Kai. I am not going to try and bicker anymore." I said as I hopped on the bike.

    "You can't ride a bike. You'll hurt yourself."

    "Because of you! Why are you doing this to me?" I yelled.

    "Here, let me bring you the hospital. Get in the car, and don't waste your time arguing with me."

    I sat on the hospital bed, I have never been to a hospital as big as this

    I sat on the hospital bed, I have never been to a hospital as big as this. I never went to any hospitals back in the 1867 prison world.

    "I come bearing medication," he entered the room with gauze, a bowl of water, a cloth and a small bottle filled with an orange solution. Kai kneeled on the ground and dabbed a wet cloth on my injury.

    Just as he was about to put some of the orange liquid, I asked, "what is that?"

    "Concentrated orange juice. It helps with the pain." He said, "it's iodine, ever heard of iodine?