5| Sól

"You said the only reason you would kill me is if I lied or refused, I did neither of those things

     "You said the only reason you would kill me is if I lied or refused, I did neither of those things. Kai, I do not know what you want of me."

     "How can you love him for so long? After all these years. How could you love him when you barely knew him?" He threw his hands up in the air in disbelief.

    "In the two years I have known him, I knew my heart would never forget the way he made
me feel so alive, loved and free. Even when I was being sent to the prison world, even when I tried to kill myself numerous times, my heart never forgot."

    "You loved him because you adore helping people. You can't help but treat everyone like a charity case. Kol was the biggest charity case, so you poured your time and effort into making him better and called it love."

    I could not help it but slap him, so I did. I knew he would not think twice before killing me now, but it was worth it. Kai will never know a fraction of the love Kol and I shared.

    "I do not care if my life is in your hands. I do not care about your empty threats. You cannot question someone else's feelings. I spent 147 years in solitude. I had a lot of thinking to do, and not one day passed where I did not think of him."

    "What about on January 9th? Remember that day? It was a month and five days ago; I showed you that incredible view, we spent the whole day walking there. It was five in the afternoon when we got there, you got to watch the sunset and we had a picnic. When you looked at Mystic Falls from high up, you admitted you forgot your problems because we spent the day talking and laughing. Isadora, you thanked me for helping you forget your past and problems. It felt so good inside to finally know that I helped someone instead of being the source of their problem. When did you lie to me?"

    " "We just entered the forest, when you brought up the topic of the necklace I was wearing. You said it looked cheap; I knew you were joking. But for a brief second, I remembered the time Kol first gave me that necklace."

    "Just leave," he said. I did not budge. "Go! Before I change my mind." He yelled.

    When I reached the door, I knew I made a mistake of leaving him, but I hurt him too much, I never liked liars or fakes. But now I have become a liar. "If you want to talk, I will be in Town Square."

    I closed the door behind me. I knew that lying to Kai hurt him, but I never understood why he overreacted. I never understood why he wanted me to recount the stories from my past, and when I did, he got angry. He got angry when I answered truthfully. Kai demanded the truth, but when the truth was said, he acted as if he wanted to be fed lies.

 Kai demanded the truth, but when the truth was said, he acted as if he wanted to be fed lies