14| 150 Years Later

"Damon," I said

    "Damon," I said. "Damon." I ran into his arms. I closed my eyes as tears streamed down my cheeks. I have dreamed of this moment for so long since father sent me away. One hundred and fifty years later, he is with me. My brother's arms were wrapped around me just like when he comforted me during mother's death. He was alive, and he was here.

    "Isadora, how are you alive?" He pulled away, looking at me.

    "Father sent me away to New Orleans with Emily Bennett the night they were capturing the vampires because I tried saving two of them. Then, I was sent into an 1867 prison world. I was supposed to be set free on January 1st, 2014, but they sent me here. I never aged, as you can tell. It's obvious you have not either, how?"

    "I was turned by Katherine on the same night. Her blood was in my system, and when Stefan and I tried to save her from the villagers, father shot us."

    "And Stefan, is he alive?" I asked.

    "More or less," he said. "Stefan was turned by Katherine too. We were looking for you, we were looking for so long, and we gave up. I'm sorry, we thought you died."

    "It's fine, you are here with me right now, and my brothers are alive. That's all I ever wanted," I said. A part of me thought I was stupid for believing it.

    I looked at the girl next to him. She had light brown skin, and short brown hair, she was pretty. I wondered if she was my brother's girlfriend. "That's Bonnie," Damon said realizing I've been staring at her.

    "Oh, hi." I greeted.

    "I'm going to find a bathroom," she said, leaving us.

    "Is she a vampire too?" I asked.

    "No, she's a witch," Damon replied.

    "So what did you guys do to get here?" I asked.

    "We died, and we were sent to this purgatory called the other side. But it was collapsing. Sheila Bennett, her grandmother, found a way to save us by sending us here." Damon explained.

    "Sheila Bennett?"

    "Do you know the old hag?"

    "No, but I know how we can get out," I explained. If Bonnie was a Bennett witch, Kai could teach her how to use the Ascendant to get us out of here. I don't know what we need exactly, but I do know we need the Ascendant, a Bennett witch and the power of the eclipse.

    "Okay, let's do it then," Damon said.

    "One problem, you killed the person who knows how to get us out of here," Kai said, emerging from behind Damon. "You know, I really hate the feeling of dying, but it's no problem for me. Now, you, on the other hand, I have a problem with." Kai had the same knife that just killed him, in his hands.