Hide-and-seek

(Natsu's P.O.V)

"One...Two...Three..."

Without another hesitation, I began to run like crazy. How am I supposed to hide?! I don't even know where are the best hiding places! This huge asylum is full of confusing paths and doors!

I raced through a dark corridor, jumping over dislocated body parts, stepping on blood, and I nearly screamed aloud when I almost tripped and fell on a torn and bloody arm, it's fingers spread, as if it's reaching out for me.

The weight of the icy handcuffs is still there. It's a burden! I need to get rid of it, quick. I tried multiple times to melt it, but I couldn't. The ice is just too strong.

Or was I losing magic power?

I stumbled in the corridor, hearing blood swoosh around my shoes. Those poor people who got murdered here...
They don't deserved this.

Hide! All my instincts screamed at me. Hide, Hide!

But where should I hide? Where should I go?! There's absolutely no hiding spots!

"....Sixty, Sixty one, Sixty Two..."

Mistake, mistake! I need to hide! And quick! I don't want to lose the game, and possibly lose my life!

I stopped, and panted hard, as the corridor forked. I looked nervously, the right, or the left? Right...or left?

"Seventy nine, eighty..."

No, no, no! Never mind, I'll just go to the left!

I hurried to the left, even though my guts knotted into a bad feeling, something bad is gonna happen in the later part of this game...

"Eighty seven...Eighty eight...eight ninneee...."

No! Hurry up, legs! Run faster! 

I put in every once of energy into my legs, and shot forwards, dodging the body parts that lay, unmoving on the floor. There's even more blood here! The stink of it is starting to flow into my nose!

I kicked the door opened, and entered the room, slamming it behind me quietly. This time, I bit down hard on my tongue to stop my screaming.

Bodies. All hanging lifeless, and strapped to the ceiling. One even has his intestines dropping out!

I covered my mouth. It's stinking here. Gazing around the room, other than body parts, was a knife, a mysterious pot that is stewing something, and...yes and No at the same time!

"Ninty nine...One hundred!"

I could her footsteps from far away, yet coming closer and closer with every heartbeat.

My heart was pounding hard, hiting violently against my rib-cage. My blood froze, and my mind blanked out.

No, I won't lose this game!

Fear gave me extra strength, and with one last drop of energy, I ran up to a vent, and jumped up, clutching the metal trapdoor, and climbed up, getting my hands dirty with blood.

Once I'm safely inside, I grabbed onto the trapdoor, and pull it upwards and shut it.

I breathed in and out quietly, my chest heaving up and down. I had successfully escaped the ice devil slayer. But, of course. One more problem.

I still haven't figure out how to break the handcuffs.

I tried to summon fire through the ice, and push all my last strengths, hoping to break the ice. It is a lot stronger than I've ever imagined, and I couldn't melt it. Trying and trying over and over again.

I froze in fear. The footsteps was becoming louder to my ears, and before I knew it, the murderer had opened the door here, and closed it behind him.

I'm trapped.

(Gray's P.O.V)

I walked down the hallways, sniffing each one carefully. His sent had blended well into the blood puddles. I groaned, pulling at my hair. How am I supposed to find him?

I came to a certain corridor, and saw shapes similar to shoe patterns. Taking another closer look, I realized, that it was indeed shoe prints.

So he had came this way. Oh well, this makes it easier.

I followed the trail, until I stopped at the room with corpses. Oh. I guess he must have blundered into my dining room.

I opened the door, and close it silently,  looking around to find for him. His sent, once again blended in well with the dead bodies. I Growled. It's going to take work to find and sniff him out.

I nosed into all the small hiding holes, even the bigger ones, but still, there's no trace of him here.

I looked in all directions and holes, but still can't find him.

Before I saw some dried up blood prints that's leading to somewhere. Following the trail, I stopped as it stopped at a blank spot near a shady corner. Confusion welled inside me. What am I supposed to do with a blank wall? Surely that pinky couldn't walk through walls. I scanned the corner from top to bottom, and I finally realized how stupid I was because I never checked the ceiling.

A few bloodly handprints was imprinted on a metal trapdoor. I know all the hiding spots in this asylum, but I never did once stop to look closely at this place.

How he had crawled up there was amazing. It was barely even big for someone his size. It's unfair, him hiding there while I stand stupidly on the ground.

I could feel my magic, from where I frozen his hands into a handcuff. He must be here then.

I closed my eyes. Before I unspectedly pull down the trapdoor, leading into a dark vent. Just my luck. Well, at least I could chose my lucky draw.

I plunged my hand, and I caught something round, before I gave a sharp tug on it, and out came the pinky.

I knew for one, my pupils dilated, because they always do when I see prey quivering before me. He landed with a thump, glaring at me with hatred.

He landed, on his rump. Cursing and letting out a string of strong vulagrites, he yelled, "That was my best hiding spot ever! You ruined it!"

"No, I won."

"You won what--oh. No, no, no!!"

He scrambled away, using his hands to support him. I just walked easily towards him, until I backed him up against the wall.

"I won."

{A/N}
I actually shouldn't be updating this, because I am in midmash of exams, and tomorrow is my Language exams...sh*tttt!

But, yeah, enjoy this part!

See you soon!

Stayed tuned for the next update!