Rising Storm

(Third Person P.O.V)

Natsu trudged into the corridor, feeling his heart sinking deeper into his soul. One more of his precious friend is dead. A painful stab of recollection shot through his empty mind, forcing him to remember the hidden memories buried inside his mind.

~•~

The King of the Fire Dragon smiled down at his Foster child, and he tucked himself beside the salmon haired fire  ball who was always bursting with energy and with questions.

"Calm down, Natsu. Come and sit beside me." Natsu did as he was told to,  wondering what the Great Igneel could possibly say later on. He nosed himself deeper into the warm scales of the dragon he called 'father'. "Can you see any stars tonight?"

He squinted, trying to see a swam of bright twinkling stars that mysteriously appeared every night in the velvet sky. He saw none. "Dad, why has today got no stars?" The dragon smiled, always ready to tell him the reasons to his questions. "Because, today is a day when all the bright stars go back to the place where they originally came from."

Natsu is puzzled. "And why is that, Dad?"

"Because, every time someone's spirit left their bodies, the spirit will fly up and join the other stars in the place called, 'The place where Stars go'. In this case, a certain spirit flew up, and is now running joyously with The other stars. The other will join him, and they would enjoy life together at that place."

Natsu thought for a minute, then nodded his head thoughtfully. He though it made sense. He snuggled closer to his Dad. "Can I go up and play with the stars?"

The dragon let out a roar filled with laughter. "Hey, what's so funny?!" Natsu felt offended. "You can't go up so early yet, my son. Wait until you've grown up; until your spirit decided to join the other Lost Stars."

He closed his eyes and yawned, showing all of his sharp canies. Sleep is starting to invade his vision; soon, all he could see is darkness. Maybe, he could meet the other stars in his dreams?

"Sleep tight, my son."

"Good night, Dad."

And from that day onwards, Natsu didn't see him ever again.

~•~

A sudden picture of his blonde haired sister flashed through his already broken mind:

~•~

Natsu, even after two weeks of searching his missing father did not give up, and he accidentally blundered into a forest of the Lost. His father told him specifically not to go there. But he did. "I'm sorry, Igneel."

He trudged through the groves, trying hard not to step on innocent insects and small animals that darted across the grass. He hunted and hunted, until he felt like he should just give up. He did.

Locating the exit of the forest, he was ready to leave it, until he felt a soft smooth-skinned hand grasp weakly at his scarf. Natsu jumped up in shock, and whirled around, ready to fight the stranger.

What he saw, was a harmless blonde girl, about the same age as him, and had on a dirty and torn dress that is caked in mud. Her eyes blinked helplessly at him, and he noticed that she had no shoes on. "H-help me, please? I-i can't seem to find the way o-ut... " she uttered, before she fainted, and her body fell onto the grass. She must be very weak, to not have energy.

Gently picking her up, he noted that she was really light. And skinny. He trudged back out to the wild, not looking back at the forest. His quest for finding Igneel is abandoned, and shoved it into the very back of his mind.