Darkest Hour

(Natsu's P.O.V)

I felt as if my heart is going to explode from too much blood pressure already. The fact that I'm hypreventilating doesn't help the fact that I'm being chased by a murderer even more psychotic than Gray himself. How I wish he's here with me!

My sensitive ears perked up at the sound of skin being sliced, and the gentle dripping of blood. Drip-Drop, Drip-Drop, Drip-Drop....

Oh Kami-Sama, help me now please! I can't die yet! I need to at least help Juvia Fulfill her wishes, and at least, find Igneel, before I join the other Lost Stars.

I felt as if my legs are gonna tear from my lower part of my body. My body felt breathless with every push of my legs, and my lungs is ready to burst anytime now. Energy is flying away, and so is time. Closer and closer they came every single second. Am I slowing down? Or are they gaining speed? Or maybe both?

It doesn't matter anymore. All my instincts yelled at me to run away, to leave. I regretted setting foot in this underground tunnel. I won't do it again next time! If there's ever gonna be a next time I thought bitterly, feeling anxiety bubble up in my chest. It's no use. I can't outrun them. They're too quick for me. Well, that only leaves me down to one single choice.

It's either fight or flight.

I can't chose flight, because I'm already running away from my troubles, and it leaves me with only fight in my choice.

I whirled around, feeling the soles of my shoes dig into the hard rocky grounds, and I prayed to every God that I could think of to help me now in this desperate situation.

"Roar of the Fire Dragon!"

It shocked me at how easily they dodged the string of flame. No one's ever dodged that precisely before. It looks like I've underestimated them this time round.

"Crushing Fang of the Fire Dragon!"

No way, What?! That didn't affect them at all?! How come?! What? What kind of immortal beings are they?! Are they like Devils that came from hell or something?!

Two peculiar red shapes that looked like tentacles snaked towards me, each coming from a different direction. Another two came from the left and right, and I knew what they want to do with me.

They plan to trip me and carry me aloft.

Doing a flip, I watched as one of the red tentacles flew just right under my flying form. My blood pounded hard in my veins, and I can't help but let out a silent gasp of relief. That was close. I don't want to encounter anything like this close again.

Landing on the ground, I swung a flaming fist at the mysterious attacker, and air swirled around my flaming fist. Huh? Where was he? He was right here a moment ago...Wait. don't tell me...!

A hand grasped my shoulder, and I gasped as it swung me around, and I turned to face the attacker.

He had pure white hair, the colour of snow, and one of his eyes is covered by a eyepatch, and his lower half of his face is covered by a mask that has red cloth above two lines of cut out shapes of teeth, and had a zipper in between them. How odd. What type of mask is that!?

One of his tentcales prodded into my neck, and he cooly Said, "Scream, Kick, Shout, cry, hit me, your head is gonna be cut off. I meant it." I want to wriggle out of his grip, and to flee away, but to no avail. His expression remained the same as he scanned my body. I fidgeted uncomfortably, suddenly self-conscious. Can I please, please get him off?

I felt his grip on me loosen for a second, but he is still clutching frimly, not planning to let go so easily. I struggled slightly, and a voice laced with triumph said, "Well done, my assistant. Good to know that you're as speedy as ever. As for you," he leaned down, and I shivered uncontrollably as I heard his voice directly beside my ear, "You're never gonna outrun him, you feisty little thing." He nibbled gently at my earlobe, causing me to shiver in disgust, and I tried to push him away, but he's simply to strong with the eyepatch beside him to help!

"Don't. Touch. Me."

He chuckled, sending a shiver running down my spine, and he grippd my chin. I growled softly, trying to get out. His grip is as strong as eyepatch's, except that it's Like iron!

Please, Lucy, Juvia, Igneel and all of the other Lost Stars, please lend me your strength.

"Excuse me, but if you can't see my gender, I'm not a female. I'm a male. So please stop harassing me."

I felt energy and mental strength flow into my weakened limbs once again, and I gathered up all my courage, my strength, and pushed them away from me. I felt as if all the Lost Stars were beside me. I felt as if I'm invincible. Not for long though....

I continue to run, with the eyepatch and The crazy guy hot on my heels. They're even faster then before, and I need to get to safety, quickly. Before I turn into meat for them to gnaw on.

Run, run!

I rolled across the ground, and flipped backwards as two tentacles reached out to me, now is even faster than before. Looks like they really are desperate to get their hands on me.

I didn't see the stump of rock that's in my way, and for the second time in the day, I tripped, feeling dismay flood me. Why am I so clumsy? Why can't I be graceful like a swan, instead of being clumsy like a duck?

I fell on my rump, and before I have time to process a single thought, or even to gulp in a breath of air, I felt one sharp single stab through my heart. The smell of blood, thick and overwhelming sliced the air, and I felt like hot fire was flaring in my body, and pain jabbed through every single one of my bone and blood.  Pain. Pain...

It hurts too much to even think about it anymore. My brain is gonna be dead soon. I can't actually believe that my life is weaving around the blood puddles, and as soon as my blood is dried up, and they lost their moisture, I'm gone to join the other Lost Stars.

Tears flow gently down my pale face, and I'm quite surprised that I still can cry. But, I'm not crying because of the extreme pain.

I'm crying because I failed to fulfill Juvia's Wish for me.

Pain can't even describe the agony I'm feeling right now. It's painful beyond words to even say.

I felt my eyelids started to droop. I must be off to a eternal sleep, aren't I? The thought of leaving the Abandoned Asylum forever made my heart ache and swell with happiness. I don't get to be chased my killers, I don't need to hide from them, and I don't need to feel scared and lonely, I can't be with the other Lost Stars, finally, I don't need to fear for my life anymore.

I smiled sadly, and in my blurry vision, I saw two figures standing over me. They're the killers that end my life for me. I'm grateful...they can finally leave me alone in peace.

Forcing my lips to tug larger, I smiled for the finale time in this life, before I trapped my eyes in darkness forever.

I would never know if I would wake up ever again.

{A/N}
Oh, poor Natsu...why must they do this to you? I swear, I'll make Gray kill them to avenge you for your death! I promise! *Goes into a sad and murderous arua*

Spoiler alert: The killers who killed Natsu shared a past history with Gray, but I won't reveal their roles yet!

Enjoy this chapter, and I'm sorry if I made it seem like it's a cliffhanger.

Comment, Vote, do whatever you want here!

See you guys soon!

Stay tuned for the next update!