Hidden Demons

(Third Person's P.O.V)

Natsu trembled, his body slumped on the snowy ground. He tried to raise his head, but it was too heavy. Desperate yells and screeches echoed, and he saw a mass of dark figures that resembles humans. A scutle of dark flank flew past him, and joined in the howling battle, fangs flashed white. Natsu's breath tightened as dread crept up his spine. Through the thick, white fog, he saw a young mother turning on her child, sinking her sharp fangs into his neck. Her face was concealed in the heavy fog, but Natsu thought she looked familiar. He wanted to cry out---To beg her to stop---but his tongue is twisted with horror.

Why is this happening? Natsu heaved against the dead weight in his head and limbs, stunling and falling into his knees. Icy winds twist the air, blowing against the snow that is seeping with rivers of blood.

He snapped his head up as he heard a keeing screech. He stared, awestruck and afraid when he saw a huge shadow settle over the chaotic battle. A column of light fell from the centre of the shadow, bathing the battle in white. He was horrified to see the harsh snapping of teeth, and the vicious tearing and gouging, the completely insane eyes. Lightning clawed in the sky while thunder roared, shuddering Natsu. His legs buckled beneath him, and he sank, defeated. He could hear someone call for his name, but he couldn't reply; it's as though his jaws is cemented shut.

Natsu? Natsu?

                              ***

Natsu blinked the sleep from his eyes, getting his bearings. He looked all over curiously. It seems like a blank room of white. Nothing like the intimidating fog that threatens to take over. He shivered, and recalled the terrible battle, playing the scenes over and over again in his mind, forever traumatized.

He titled his head up, and noticed a figure standing at the far end of the room. It has a aura of shadows surrounding it, and it seems to have it's back turned on to him. Curiosity got the better of him, and he blurted out without a single thought, "Where am I? Who are you? What happened back at the battle?"

It still has it's back to him, however. But, it spoke calmly, despite Natsu's frenized asking. It has a deep, smoothing voice. "You are sleeping and you're here in your dreams. I'm just a ordinary, unwanted shadow-controller, and the battle is a omen."

"O-omen?"

"It's a part of the dark future. This is what happens if Gray, the murderer chose no to the choice. This is exactly why you need to convince him to a 'yes'. Or else, the whole world will turn upside down and blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red."

It's talking in riddles, like the raven cat that talked to him about the prophecy. Maybe, are they the same person, but different bodies?

"I'll try."

He nodded, and dizziness started to haze his vision. Blurry with sleep, he raised his head again, stumbling a little, trying to get another better glimpse of the shadow controller. Wait. Did he just turned around?

The last things that he sees before he slept, is two fiery red circles of eyes staring deep into his soul. As he slept, he thought he could detect a faint, but steady voice, fading into the distance, the same voice as the one he heard in the battle. Calling for his name.

Natsu? Natsu...?

                              *** 

"....Natsu! Wake up!"

Natsu jolted awake, bubbling nonsensical words, and he rolled onto his side, which painfully ached. He felt two warm hands grasp him still, and he was forced to looked into the sparkling onyx eyes of the one whom he loved, yet is frightened of the most.