Like A Child (11)

Chapter 11

After dinner she had started cleaning the cupboards. It took away the rest of the time. And now she was sent to bed. Can you believe it???

Alexis fumed at the wall. Like an eight-year old, after she finished cleaning up, she was sent upstairs to bed with fresh clothing from Nate’s closet. She scowled. If all four weren’t adamant she would have put up a fight. It was nine o’clock for god’s sake!!! And what was their excuse? She went through what happened after dinner.

"Go to bed early Kitty. I made it ready for you."

Somehow, she felt as if those words were laced with a different meaning. She frowned slightly.

“You worked hard today Lexi,” grinned Ash.

“Yeah,” quipped in Kyle, “you cleaned the living room too.”

Adam nodded with them.

"Uh...so?"

"Bed. Have an early night."

She raised an eyebrow. "But its barely nine." She looked at Nate pleadingly. The jerk was smirking at her.

“Up you go,” he said, grabbing her arm and pushing her out of the kitchen.

“Wha-”

He prodded her back hard.

“Jerk,” she muttered.

“I heard that,” he replied amused. His finger prodded her again. Grudgingly, she climbed the stairs.

“Wait here,” he ordered her and disappeared into his room. The sneaky way he closed the door made her wonder what the hell was in the room. He came out with another t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

“Tomorrow, I’ll get you some clothes,” he said.

“You mean I can go out tomorrow?”

“Who said that?” he said shortly, shoving the clothes into her arms. “I’ll be going alone.”

“Oh,” she couldn’t help but feel disappointed. She stared at a crack on the wall. She heard him mutter a curse under his breath. SHe glanced at him. He was looking at her rather intensely now.

“What?”

“Do you miss home?”

She blinked. “Why would you want to know?”

He stared at her for a second and mumbled, “True. Why do I need to know?”

She doubted he wanted her to hear what he said. So she pretended that she didn’t hear it. “No, I don’t miss home. This is wayyy better than home,” she said, dragging the y’s in the ‘way’.

“Why do you say that?”

She shook her head. She didn’t feel like talking about her cousins at the moment. “I am going to sleep,” she said, turning around. Then she turned back, realizing that she didn’t know which room was hers.

Nate looked at her knowingly and opened the door opposite to his room.

“The room was Adam’s. We made him move in with Ash.”

“Oh…I should thank him,” she muttered. She liked the quiet Adam. He was mature than all three of the guys put together and he was kind too. She glanced at Nate’s watch. 8:55 pm. She gaped.

“Look look at the time!”

“So what?”

“You are asking me go to bed at 8:55 pm?” she asked incredulously. He smirked, his eyes shining with amusement.