Cheryl (24)

Chapter 24

She stared up at the ceiling. What was she supposed to do? This affliction was serious. She couldn’t get it out of her mind. All she could think of was the way he touched her…almost kissed her…

“Gah!” she thumped the washing machine in frustration. It gave a weird noise and she looked at it for a moment concerned. She wasn’t good with machines, however capable she was.

But then came the familiar whirring sound and she relaxed. She started to haul the clothes out of the spinner as she muttered under her breath.

“This has to stop. I can’t give liberties to him like this. Where is my pride? My feminine power? My rights?” she questioned herself.

“But…” she said slowly, “How am I supposed to do that when that dratted man isn’t going to leave me alone? Punishment, reward my ass. What next?”

She heard a series of knocks on the front door. Having stayed here for around a week without any police, she didn’t waste time panicking. She just continued placing the clothes into the basket she had with her.

“ALEXIS!!!!”

She straightened and sighed.

“What?!” she called.

“Answer the door!” yelled Nate from upstairs. She frowned. Could he hear that well? She gave a pat to the washing machine before going out of the kitchen and headed to the door.

Maybe it was a sales man, but why such a person would be selling stuff at beach houses was beyond her.

She brushed a few strands of her hair behind her ears and opened the door.

And gawked at the short woman at the door.

“Hi! You must be Alexis.”

Her eyes widened as she stared at the woman. She was pretty with white-blond hair, her eyes a light blue. Even her complexion was very fair. She almost felt delicate to Alexis.

“May I know who you are?” she asked, not wanting to give her name first.

“Cheryl! You came!”

They looked to see Kyle coming up to them, Nate and Adam a few steps back.

“Nate!” she trilled, her eyes glowing. Alex decided that she didn’t like this woman much.

“Agent Simpson,” he said stiffly.

Alexis stared. Agent Simpson? What did he mean by that?

“How are you?” she inquired, pushing past Alex to reach him. And she couldn’t help but take in her petite curvy figure and be a little jealous.

But she decided, as she watched Cheryl reach up and give Nate a kiss on his cheek, it would be bad of her to make judgments before even knowing the person.

Cheryl kissed Adam’s and Kyle’s cheeks and turned to her.

“What a little girl you are!” she simpered. Alexis fought not to growl.

“I'm eighteen,” she replied.

“Oh! You look small,” Cheryl said, even though Alexis was taller by a few inches.

She smiled politely. She had self control. Otherwise how did she stay at her Aunt’s house for years without lunging for their throats?

They trooped in, Nate leading. Cheryl sat down in the couch, her legs in place under her short skirt, looking impeccable. Kyle and Alex remained standing while Adam muttered some stuff about work before disappearing upstairs.