Chapter 5: Working with Each Other

Yazka's POV:

I was busy playing candy crash because I wanted to get rid of his thoughts. It's taking away mental peace for god's sake and thankfully, candy crash was doing an amazing job, it took me to another world.

I was brought back when someone came and sat next to me. I thought it was a girl so I wasn't bothered because I know that someone would of course sit next to me. But then I started getting a very manly scent which got me thinking why a girl would wear such a scent. So I thought of asking her. But when I turned around I was astonished. The same guy who I saw today in the road and in the canteen was sitting next to me. I was again captivated by his flawlessness. He didn't even look at me. He was just staring at the front like nothing is wrong. Probably they're practicing this culture in this university.

I started moving towards Zuha basically crushing her. She got annoyed by my actions and literally screamed at me. ""Yazu, stop crushing me already! What has gotten into you suddenly that you are.... Ooohhh, I understand! It's fine Yazka darling. You can stop blushing now!" She saw the guy when she faced me and then started smirking at me. I was sure to kill her when we reach home. She can't be doing this to me. And wait, was I blushing? Like seriously? I never blushed in front of anyone, and why would I be doing it now. Probably Zuha is exaggerating. By then, I felt the guy looking at me without even blinking. I became self-conscious.

"Its fine, if you find it difficult to sit with me, I could leave. Do you want me to do so?" he asked me. His voice was so mannish and I wanted to hear him talking more and I got absorbed in his voice so much that it took my brain a while to decide what I should tell. I wasn't that arrogant to send him away in his own university, so I decided to be nice with him. "Its fine, you can stay here." I said to him although it was against my wish.

When everyone finally settled down they started the camp officially. We were given the information about what will happen and each of us was given a chart of all the activities that would be there. It all seemed very interesting. Most of the activities are to be undertaken as a group and I have no idea how they are going to allocate us to groups.

The professors started calling out different students names and keeping them in different groups. I happened to be the second name they called and they made me the leader of the lucid group. The second student to be on my group happened to be my best friend! 'This is going to be one amazing day' I thought to myself. The professor then called some guys names and I was least bothered to see who they were until he called out a very unique and beautiful name. 'Maazin, a muslim name' I thought to myself. I was looking everywhere to see the owner of that name when suddenly that guy stood up. 'So he's got all the beautiful things wrapped around his little finger' I thought. "Maazin, you're group is lucid, and you're leader will be Yazka." The professor said. "Seems like a lucky day for you." Zuha said pushing me slowly from her shoulders.

Okay, this is going to be one long day. If Maazin is going to be in my group right in front of my eyes, I would not be able to concentrate on any task. What is so special about this guy that he is following me throughout the whole day? Or is this just coincidence?

The first activity was about making different classic words which could be related to the surrounding. So we were allowed to go outside the campus, and we were also allowed to run around the whole school. The duration was 1 hour and the time began.

Working with him made me realize that he was a very nice person and respected girls a lot. And he has so much knowledge on classical English. We were able to form more than 500 words and out of those 500, 250 were told by him. I was impressed. In fact, very impressed

"What do you study Maazin, you seem to be very good in classical English, are you the top scorer of the batch?" I asked him softly.

"Umm, I study English literature. I'm not so into studies, but I love reading. Especially classical stories drive me crazy. And I am not the top scorer either. I barely get a pass. But I am determined to be one of the best in something one day. Maybe not now, since I want to live my life now" he said, unsure whether he said the right thing or not

Well he was right, it was his life and he would decide when he wants to be successful. So I nodded in agreement. Turns out that, he is one good guy and can be a nice friend. But I wouldn't want to be so friendly with him and take risks of disobeying my lord. Let's not think about it now. For now I've got to work with him and the rest to win this.

Salaam everyone

How is chapter 5? What do you think will happen next? Will Yazka continue to be his friend?

Read more to find out

Also, please vote, comment and share. Your ideas would help me improve

Thank you for reading :*

You all are amazing

May Allah bless you