Chapter 11: Best Friend Goals

Zuha and I were planning to have a mademoiselle's night when my parents sleep. They would probably slumber at 10 pm as there were very worn-out after tonight's function. We planned on watching friends for the hundredth time and then we decided to just spend the whole night gossiping.

It was 10 pm and mom and dad went to sleep. My sister and brother even went to their rooms. So it was basically only us who were awake in the house. Zuha went downstairs saying that she wanted to eat something. Meanwhile, I decided to take a shower because I needed one at that time.

While taking the shower I got reminded that it was my birthday today and nobody even wished me. My 18th birthday and everyone was unaware about it, even Zuha. It was acceptable for my family, since mom and dad never liked the idea of celebrating birthdays. But my friends? The thought sort of took away my exultant mood.

I wanted to be happy when Zuha comes to room, so I planned on offering a prayer to god which might help. So I did my ablution before coming out of the toilette. I dried myself and wore a shirt and a short. For praying, I wore an Abaya on top of it and took my prayer met. By calming all the chaos in my mind and removing the thoughts of worldly things, I let my creator occupy my heart and mind. Such a pleasant feeling it was.

When I was done with praying, I felt so good although I remembered the fact that my friends forgot my birthday. It didn't have such a big impact on me anymore. 'Alhamdhu'lillahi' I whispered with a smile on my face.

I removed my Abaya and comber my hair and tied it into a bun. It was then Zuha came to the room. She didn't close the door. "Zu, go and close the door. I am wearing a short and if brother Zakir sees, it won't be nice." I said annoyed. "Urg, I am lazy, you go do it." She said, yawning lazily. "Okay fine, you lazy ass." I said hitting her butt with a pillow.

I went towards the door to close it when I saw Amaany and Zaisha leaning to the wall. When they saw me, they whispered 'SURPRISEEEE'. They brought a delicious chocolate cake and a Pizza with them.

"OH MY GOD GUYS! Do you know how angry I am with you guys? You never wished me today and I thought you all forgot. I was so gloomy with that thought that I actually prayed to get rid of that gloominess! I am literally surprised! You do know that I love you right?" I said with happiness flowing inside me.

We celebrated my birthday in my room by cutting the cake and eating the Pizza and the cake. We took some photos from my phone which was supposed to be kept as memories. After that they Amaany and Zaisha went.

"Let's start our series marathon, shall we?" Zuha said. For that I nodded.

"Zu, you do know how thankful I am for your presence, right? I love you so much. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I'll forever be indebted to you." With that tears started rolling down. "Don't you dare say that again, if you ever do, I swear I will forget that you are my best friend and cut your tongue out so that you can't ever speak." I laughed with tears still rolling down my face. "Shut up you little thing, you won't do anything as such." With that she hugged me tightly. "I love you". "And I love you too" She said.

Sometimes, or maybe always we all need someone who would love us to the ends of this world. It doesn't always have to be a guy; neither does it have to be our friends or family. Sometimes, it could be our best friend, like this time. It is the person that goes through the same thing you do because your emotions are so connected, the person who has been with you endlessly, every step of your life, and due to that, knows you better than you ever will, the person who call you obnoxious, infuriating, useless and a loser yet loves you genuinely, the person who wouldn't hesitate to do the stupidest things with you and say the most unsuitable things at the most serious moments just to see a smile on your face, the person who won't bothered about her self-respect when it comes for defending you. It is that person, who would be your mother, sister, boyfriend, husband, teacher, adviser, Psychologist, lover and every other thing. And Zuha is one among them and right now, and yes in every moment of my life, I am so glad to have her with me. I feel so blessed to be able to call her my best friend and depend on her in every situation and know that she would never leave me. i thanked god internally for this blessing he has given me.

"Which episode have you watched the last?" she asked me. "Season 7, episode 9. Start with episode 10." With that she opened the VLC and started the episode. With every dialogue we couldn't help but laugh even though we didn't know what actually happened. That's the fun part of watching friends with your best friend.

After watching about 3 episodes we decided that we will talk until we fall asleep. It's not like we get to have heart to hearts every day.

"Zu, remember the time when we were 13 years old? Our moms used to be so protective since that was the first time we got our periods. They never allowed us to mingle with boys. I remember mom allowing me to go to only your house since she only trusted your mom. And then we used to play pillow fight in your room. One day all the cottons inside the pillow even came out" I said remembering all the amazing memories we have had together. "Oh yes! Those were days. We used to play badminton on the streets and these neighbors used to get so irritated. One day one aunty even complained to mom, but luckily she didn't take it that seriously since we were kids." She said.

"I don't like this life anymore. Growing up is no fun. In 2 days I will have to get married and I've to be one responsible daughter-in-law to impress my mother-in-law." I said complaining. "Yes, you will get married and then forget me. You won't even call me because you would be too busy with your husband. God knows, you might even replace me with him and make him your new best friend." She said with almost tears in her eyes.

"Shut up you idiot, Do you know how much I will miss you? Do you know how much I would die to have these kinds of nights with you? Do you even know what you are talking about? You are talking about my best friend and I for god's sake! Never in my life, am I going to replace you. Not even after a hundred years." I said, a bit annoyed.

"I will miss you Yazu. Very very very much! I won't have anyone to talk this often and it is going to kill me." "Oh darling, I will miss you too, but I will be there. I promise, anytime you need me. Just call me and tell me where you are, I shall be there in a jiffy."

We hugged again, a very tight one this time.

"Its 30 minutes past 2 in the morning, shall we sleep now? We will have to wake up early in the morning to go to shopping. We're going to have a mini adventure again. Just the both of us! YAY!" I said.

"Yes, good night now! Allah Hafiz!" she said and grabbed the quilt and covered her whole body. "Allah Hafiz. I will call you for prayer ok, when mom calls me." I said.

With that we slept.

Salaam everyone,

How is this chapter?

If you liked it, vote comment and share

let me know where to improve and keep giving me more ideas.

Thank you for reading, you all are amazing

May Allah bless you