Chapter 13: A day to be reminisced

There you go with a picture of Yazka in her weeding dress at the wedding venue. Isn't she looking pretty

It was the big day, the wedding day. 25th March 2016. I woke up to pray my fajr salah and I prayed and prayed to Allah, to make things alright and to bless me, to never leave me in despair and to give me strength to face anything I will have to.

I went downstairs to have breakfast and saw nobody. Probably they all were in wedding venue to prepare. Or maybe mom and sister are with mom's personal embroider to get her dress done and dad and brother are at their office. I didn't mind not having anybody at home and just went to the kitchen and had breakfast. After that, I went upstairs and spent 2 hours reading a novel. After that I planned to call Zuha since she was getting late.

"Where are you? And when are you going to come? Do you even remember that it is my big day?!" I cried as soon as she picked up the call. "Calm down woman! I'm on your door step, now come and open the door!" She said letting out a small laugh.

I ran through the stairs to open the door and she came in. We both went to my room and she asked me to go and get a long shower and she ordered me to wash my hair and massage it with conditioner. Well, this called for a 1 hour date with my toilette.

Zuha's POV

As soon as Yazka went to toilette to take a shower I started off with my plane. I went downstairs slowly to bake a small Red Velvet cake. I mixed all the ingredients and placed it in the oven to bake it and I made the whipped cream and kept it in the refrigerator and I came back to her room again. Then I cleaned her bed and kept all the rose petals on the bed and formed a heart with them. i turned off the fan and turned on the AC so that the petals won't get blown away.

 After that I started making the wall décor where I wrote 'Going to be bride' and pasted some hearts to make it look prettier

After that I started making the wall décor where I wrote 'Going to be bride' and pasted some hearts to make it look prettier. I cleaned the whole room and then took her laptop as I've planned to write a big letter for her. I opened MS word and started with my work.

"To my other half, my safe place, my sister from another mother and my dearest darling best friend,

It's time for us to bid farewell to all the childhood moments we've had together, from all the hilarious sleepovers to dress up sessions, from cooking the tasteless food to cleaning all the mess, from shopping to adventurous road trips. We can't simply have all this anymore, not every day nor not whenever we want. You're getting married and I am 99% happy for you, but 1% jealous since I won't have my best friend to do the craziest things with.

Darla, this is a huge turning point and it's high time for you to act a bit matured. It is indeed the time for you to stop criticising yourself. You've got to love yourself and trust yourself. Only then will you be happy.

You do know that I love you, don't you? Right now, I want to let you know that you are among the top best things that ever happened to me. It is because of you, my childhood and my teenage years are worth remembering. Thank you for the amazing memories love! Thank you for being my personal study helper and making me what I am today, you played a huge role in that. Thank you for saving me from all the problems that I've faced, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be in this place writing this very cliché letter.