1 | Y.R.N

|King Jackson|

Gotta take over your town (the city!)
If you wanna be a dope dealer
Gotta be moving a pound (Ew! Gas!)
Young nigga just stay focused
(If you did it) You can be rich right now
~ Migos

§

I pulled up to North Atlanta High School in my Ashton Martin with the new exterior my dad had just got done. The gold plated rims complimented the new fire red paint job well. My tag was gold, with my name drawn out on the bottom lining of the plate, below the number. A perfect car, for a King, ya dig?

I got out, along with Tyrike and Michael, before throwing my duffel bag over my shoulder. We all headed for the locker room, so we could dress out before basketball practice. School had just gotten out thirty minutes ago, and we had went off campus to go grab some food before practice started, which meant a lot of people were still on campus. Passing by people that flooded the exterior of the school, and the student parking lot, people called out 'wassup' and 'hey king'. I handed out head nods and daps as we continued to our destination.

I'm well known around here, not just because of my athletic talents, but because I'm also sitting on stacks. After we moved to Atlanta, my dad opened a club, naming it after me and he opens it up for me whenever I want to throw big parties. I'm not a cocky nigga, but anybody can tell you that I'm really just that nigga. I don't know no niggas that has more money in they pockets within this city than my pops do. Most of these niggas here just be flossing, they really be broke, trying to play like they rich, flexing with they mama rent and child support money. I'm that nigga that everybody see themselves as by the time they become a senior. I have scholarships lined up, my GPA sitting at a 3.8 and the hoes are coming by numbers.

"Aye, Coach Q going to be here or we just doing an open gym practice today?", Tyrike asked as we continued to approach the school's gym.

"Open gym practice, Coach Q in the hospital with his wife because she just gave birth yesterday afternoon.", I said.

"Don't work them boys to hard KJ, give em' a lil' break today.", Michael said with a laugh.

I shook my head in disagreement. I'm the captain of our school's basketball team and when the coach isn't there, I'm in charge of the practices and making sure shit runs smooth. With that being stated, I make sure everything runs just as it would when Coach Q is there, which is why he made me captain. I'll be damned if I let these niggas start slacking because we need a dub and I refuse to take an L because these niggas decide they don't want to prepare.

"You know I can't do that bro. These niggas already be thinkin' they can just show up to practice whenever they want to, and I'm not going for it. I'm tryin' to go to state.", I said.

"Your ass need to go to your house and tell your mama she need to come to more of our games, with her fine ass.", Tyrike said with a smirk.

I looked at him with a straight face, but then laughed because this was nothing new. Ma dukes, Jamerica Marie Jackson, baddest in the city if you ask me and ain' nobody really fucking with her. My dad keeps her up, and even when he not keeping her up, she do it herself because she's very independent. She's my everything, next to my little sister Amira.

"You better stop talking about his mama before I tell Rain.", Michael said.

I bust out laughing at the pettiness. Tyrike is tied down to my bestfriend Rain.

"Rain gon' cut your ass.", I said.

We walked into the locker room and the smell of sweat and axe hit our noses. It wasn't much of a good combination but after smelling this shit for going on four years, you get used to it.