19 | Tell Him The Truth

| Angel Roberts |

Didn't see when I had tears rolling down my face
I turned my back, it was heavy on the tongue
And I knew that you knew something was wrong
I was about to break open spill out everything
But something said
Wait, things are going great, what you gonna say
I don't know maybe something like, didn't see it coming
Wasn't on purpose, baby I promise

I didn't mean to hurt you, will you forgive me
You didn't deserve this, I know it wasn't worth it
~ Keri Hilson

§

Heading into the hospital, we seemed to be the last people to get there. Just by the atmosphere and the tension rising within the lives of everyone, I knew this hospital wait was going to be crazy. As of the moment, no one knew who shot Michael, but there were many suspicious people waiting for Michael. Almost everyone in the room was familiar to me, but the people who caught my eye the most were my father and Brandy.

The minute I walked in and seen them, I couldn't help but to break down. Everything was about to come to light and I couldn't handle it. I covered my face with my hands, and began to cry a river of sorrow, lies, defeat, and guilt.

"Angel, what's wrong?", King asked, pulling me into a hug. I snatched away from him as my dad walked over to us, looking between him and I.

I looked between the two of them. The two most important men in my life after God, and realized that I was going to have to choose. My chest began to hurt and my breathing began to pick up. My blood pressure was rising as the tension within my body soared. Eventually, everything started to go black, and I dropped to the floor with my eyes rolling to the back of my head.

"We need a doctor! My daughter's having a panic attack!"

§

I woke up in a hospital bed with one of the ugly hospital gowns on that showed your booty. I stretched out, and noticed I had on a breathing mask. Sitting up, I snatched the mask off and noticed the only person sitting in the room was King. Lifting my hand, I rubbed it down my face, already knowing what was going to have to take place.

"Thank God you up.", he said, walking over to my bed.

My heart began to speed up again as I took deep breathes and felt the tears well in my eyes again. I looked him in his eyes as his face held a concerned look.

"What's wrong Angel?", he asked, moving closer to me.

The hospital bed dipped as his tall frame was placed near me. He reached his hand out and touched my cheek, wiping my tears as my head hung low.

"King, I can't be with you anymore.", I said.

More tears cascaded down my face as I continued to look down. With every word, my heart was breaking and I really couldn't take it. He pulled my chin up so I could look at him, but I refused to look him in the eyes.

"What? Man Angel, don't fuckin' play with me.", he stated.

"I can't be with you no more King. Please don't make this harder for me.", I pleaded. My voice was choked up from years as I shook my head in disappointment.

I couldn't take sitting here, looking at him and knowing I'm breaking his heart, along with ripping out my own. My main goal was to protect him physically rather than emotionally. I'll do anything to make sure he's okay, due to the situation with Money and the legal issues with my father.

"Why are you doing this? Angel, come on-"

He was interrupted by the door opening, and my father walked in, along with Brandy and two other police officers. King looked at them, and then back at me. My face filled with more tear and I could hear the increase of my heart on the heart beat monitor.