17 | Snapped

| Angel Roberts |

If home is where the heart is
He's homeless cuz he's heartless
He gave me all his heart and
I ripped the shit to shreds
Now he's dead
An empty shell of nothin'
Incapable of lovin'
~ Jhene Aiko

§

Rising out of bed, I headed to my bathroom and did my morning hygiene routine, showering and handling my facial hygienical things. I slipped into a pair of orange shorts and a cream colored shirt, paired with a kimono and some cream gladiator sandals. I did my hair and applied my miniature amount of make up before gathering my things for school. I headed to the kitchen, to see a McDonald's bag sitting on the counter, with a note attached to it. Lifting the note, I read my dad's horrible handwriting.

Dear baby girl,

I have Brandy bringing some groceries to the house, so don't worry about going shopping today. You can also order some take out for later because I'll be working over time.

Love , Papa

I balled the note up and tossed it in the trash, pulling my big breakfast deluxe from the McDonald's bag. Taking a seat on the couch in the living room, I began eating, fumbling through the channels until I came up on Criminal Minds. I had another thirty minutes to spare before I actually had to head to school.

As much as I hate my dad's work schedule, I can't say that it hasn't influenced the line of work I want to go into. My dad's job is to get criminals locked up, where as I want to keep the innocent from behind bars. I plan to be a lawyer or an attorney to major in Criminology.

"Oo, now that bitch know she lying.", I said while stuffing my mouth with a piece of pancake.

"She lying!", I yelled to the television.

My good time was ended when the doorbell rang out throughout the house. I already knew it was that Brady Bunch ass bitch at the door, so I took my time getting up and making my way to the door. Her ignorant ass continued to rang that damn doorbell as if I don't see her. I snatched the door open with a major attitude, as she stood there with a fake ass kool aid smile on her face.

"I came with the groceries.", she said. I stepped back to let her in, not exactly wanting to exchange words with her.

"Oh, and I left something in your dad's office that I need to get for him.", she said before disappearing down the hall to my dad's office.

I took my seat back on the couch and continued what I was doing, scarfing down my food and talking shit to the television. As I finished up the sausage biscuit included in the meal, she came trudging back into the living room, heels clicking against the tile in the house. My attention stayed glued to the television as she stopped in the middle of the room, looking over at me.

"What you looking at?", I asked as calmly as I could.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself.", she said with a smile.

"I mean, this is all I do since my dad is always gone with you.", I said, trying to throw direct shade.

"I'm sorry about that Angel. I don't want you to feel like I'm taking your father away from you.", she said, taking a seat on the couch next to me.

I didn't feel like pouring my heart out to her, but unlike King, I can actually direct my problem to the source. I'm actually better with my words when it comes to emotional situations for.

"Well, that's what you're doing. We haven't spent time together since we've moved here and it's been three months.", I replied.

"Well, how about this. Next week, I ask your father if we can all go hang out. You can bring a friend or something and we can all actually spend some time together. I'll talk him into it. What ever you want to do, just let me know.", she said.